Young Adults Support Worker (HSSEN_1610642971)
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
Location: Lymington, Hampshire
£10 - £14 per hour
Recruiter: Prospero Group
About the Job
Prospero Health & Social Care are recruiting dedicated Support Workers on behalf of a 'Good' Ofsted Residential School based in Lymington, Hampshire catering for young people aged 11-19 years with Autism & Aspergers.
Joining a specialist setting you will be surrounded by passionate colleagues all actively enabling young people to achieve their personal best in all environments.
We are looking for support workers who are committed to providing the highest standard of care to service users. The successful candidates would ideally have experience of working with young people with additional needs and mental health.
*Shifts are provided on a fortnightly rota to include days and nights*
If successful you will be fully supported through a 6 months probationary period with the dedicated help of a mentor and line-manager.
You will all receive additional and ongoing CPD Training to ensure you get the best out of your new career including a Level 3 RFQ Child and Young Persons Workforce Qualification
Support Worker Contract/Position Details:
- Location - Lymington, Hampshire
- Position - Support Worker
- Type of work - Supporting young people with ASc & Aspergers
- Start date - ASAP
- Likely Duration - Permanent
- Position end date - Permanent
- Contract type - Temp-to-Perm
- Full-time - 40 Hours Per Week
- Minimum rate of pay - £10ph, (Night Shift £14ph)
- Maximum rate of pay - £10ph, (Night Shift £14ph)
- Hours - Various shift pattern (to include weekends)
Support worker Experience, Training and Qualifications:
- Experience in a support work/care environment
- Up-to-date mandatory training - Food Hygiene, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Infection Prevention, Equality and Diversity, Autism training (all can be completed free with Prospero)
- Safeguarding training is imperative; you can undertake a free course with Prospero Health and Social Care if you have not completed a Safeguarding course in the last 12 months.
- Health and Social Care Level 2 or 3 (desirable but not essential)
To be eligible for any support work with Prospero Health and Social Care you must:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced DBS certificate registered with online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional care related references.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Health and Social Care is acting as an employment business/social care recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Health and Social Care in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Health and Social care is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and other mandatory training
- In-house Training and Development Team
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Lymington Town (opens in new window)
- Lymington Pier (opens in new window)
- Sway (opens in new window)
- Brockenhurst (opens in new window)
- New Milton (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- opp, Sports Ground, Southampton Road
- W-bound, Priestlands Place, Priestlands Place
- o/s, Sports Ground, Southampton Road
- NE-bound, Stanford Hill, Stanford Hill
- W-bound, Main Post Office, High Street
- Lymington Junior School
- Pennington Church of England Junior School
- Priestlands School
- Our Lady and St Joseph Catholic Primary School
- Southlands School and The Wing Centre