Teaching Assistants - Part-time!
£10 - 15 per hour
Recruiter: Smart Teachers
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
Teaching Assistants – Part-time!
Location: London Borough of Barnet
Salary: £10 - 15 per head
Contract: 9:00 – 2:30 pm; 3 – 5 days a week
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are experience working with children in schools in the UK.
We are recruiting for several Teaching Assistants to work in a tightly knit school in North London. The school is split into 3 sites across London – Finchley, Barnet, and Edgeware. The school places a great deal of importance on supporting students who have found mainstream schools too challenging – whether that's due to behaviour, mental health, or special needs. Each site accommodates up to 15 students – therefore, we are looking for someone who can commit to a long-term position and build a strong relationship with both the school and student.
The right attitude and motivation to work with troubled students is an absolute necessity! Passion goes a longer way than experience.
- DBS MUST BE ON THE UPDATE SERVICE!
- Previous experience working with children
- Be able to provide references to cover the last 2 years
- Support students in lessons on a 1:1 or small group basis.
- Assist class teacher in carrying out lessons, i.e. ensuring that materials and resources are well kept and prepared beforehand.
- Supervising students during leisure time.
- Always ensuring the proper safeguarding of students.
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEND Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Smart TeachersSalisbury House, 29 Finsbury Circus, London, Greater London
Nearby train stations
- New Barnet (opens in new window)
- Hadley Wood (opens in new window)
- Oakleigh Park (opens in new window)
- Potters Bar (opens in new window)
- Mill Hill Broadway (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop M, Fitzjohn Avenue (EN5), BARNET HIGH STREET
- ---, Willow Drive, MANOR ROAD
- Stop N, High Barnet Station Meadway, BARNET HIGH STREET
- ---, Willow Drive, MANOR ROAD
- L, Barnet Church, BARNET HIGH STREET
- Queen Elizabeth's Girls' School
- Barnet and Southgate College
- Susi Earnshaw Theatre School
- St Catherine's RC School
- Underhill Junior School