Teaching Assistant (3456)
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
£350 - 400 per week
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Sector: EducationJump to application form
Teaching Personnel are pleased to be working with a specialist Special Educational Needs provision based in Swanwick. Our client is dedicated to delivering specialist education services to young adults.
The position will be as a full time Behaviour Learning Support Assistant and will ideally start ASAP, though a start date can be negotiated. Day-to-day responsibilities will be focused on supporting the teacher with lessons to secondary pupils with a range of Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. You will also be required to support pupils in small groups and in a 1:1 scenario.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong ability and skills to keep students involved and 'on track'
- Excellent support and motivational skills
- Previous experience working with SEMH needs
- Flexibility to adapt to unique situations and requirements
- Team Teach experience (although this will be provided via on job training)
- An outstanding track record being reliable, professional, hardworking and punctual
- Hold a current enhanced DBS on the update service or be prepared to apply for a new one
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the leading Special Needs Education providers. It is also a chance to make a real difference to the lives of their pupils and students, many of which have previously experienced difficulty in sustained learning within a mainstream provision.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and
training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply for this position
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts