£65 - 75 per day + pension
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Sector: EducationJump to application form
Do you want to make a difference to lives of children and young people with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties?
We are currently seeking an SEN Teaching Assistant to work at one of our local school's in Ringwood. The school offers a learning environment for students, aged 6-25, who have a special educational need. They specialise in autism and communication difficulties, severe and complex learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will be working with students in classes between 5-8 students, accompanied by a Teacher and other Support Assistants. You will be working with children and young people who are not able attend mainstream education for multiple reasons.
The candidate must have:
- Some experience working with children and young people, it is desirable if you have experience working with children with SEN
- Experience working in a school would be advantageous
- The school would also consider candidates from youth work backgrounds, or similar roles
This role demands motivation, passion, patience and the ability to emotionally support children who are from vulnerable backgrounds and situations. The successful candidate will benefit from a Team-Teach qualification, which can be offered by Teaching Personnel in an upcoming training course, should you not already be trained.
Teaching Personnel can offer Support Assistant's:
- Competitive pay rates of £275-£350 per week, however long term rates can be negotiated on your behalf
- Access to unique CPD opportunities to increase your qualifications and knowledge of the field such as: Autism Awareness, Safeguarding, Behaviour That Challenges and more
- An experienced Consultant along with our dedicated on call service
If you are interested in this role please apply today. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and
training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts