Location: Cardiff, South Glamorgan
£69.20 per day
Recruiter: Twenty4seven Education ltd
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
1:1 SEN Reception Teaching Assistant
**Full time, Long-term
**September Start to the end of the academic year
We delighted to be working alongside a successful and inviting primary school in a residential area near Cardiff. They are looking for a one-to-one teaching assistant to work in a reception class with students with speech, language and communications difficulties and difficulties with fine motor skills.
The school is led by a team of dedicated and enthusiastic staff who pride themselves in creating a stimulating and enjoyable learning environment for all its students. The successful candidate will be required to work as part of this team continuing their dedication to supporting the pupils.
The successful candidate will be given a fixed term starting in September and continuing through to the end of the academic year, with the possibility of this becoming permanent. They will be working term-time from 8:30 to 15:30 on weekdays.
As a one-to-one SEN TA you will:
- Work one-to-one with a pupil with speech, language and communication difficulties
- Work one-to-one with pupils with fine motor skills
- Assist the pupil in accessing the curriculum
- Assist the pupil in making progress both academically and socially or personally
- Get to know the pupil and learn how to support them further in the best way possible
- Support the classroom teacher and work with small groups of pupils
The successful candidate:
- Will be patient, enthusiastic and approachable
- Will have experience working within an educational setting
- Will have an understanding of how to support children with SEND
- Will have a good command of the English language
Experience working in a similar role is desirable but not essential. Teaching assistant qualifications are also desirable but not essential.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please click 'Apply Now' and upload a copy of your CV.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Twenty4seven Education ltd156 charles street, Birmingham, Birmingham
Nearby train stations
- Cardiff Central (opens in new window)
- Cardiff Queen Street (opens in new window)
- Cathays (opens in new window)
- Ninian Park (opens in new window)
- Grangetown (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Hodge House 3, St Mary Street
- Hodge House 2, St Mary Street
- Castle Arcade 1, High Street
- Hodge House 1, St Mary Street
- High Street Arcade, High Street