£65 - 75 per day
Recruiter: ABC Teachers
SEND Teaching Assistant
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a highly regarded SEND School in North Birmingham for an experienced and reliable Teaching Assistant to join their team.
About the role:
- This is a full time, long term role which will commence as soon as possible, at an excelled SEND school in North Birmingham
- Assisting the class teacher to provide a tailored curriculum to the students on both a 1:1 and small group basis.
- Engaging students, encouraging and nurturing their learning, and ensure they achieve progression.
- Working with students of both Primary and Secondary age who have visual impairments.
- Opportunity to work in a well-established, inclusive SEND school with a supportive staff and leadership team.
Who we're looking for:
- You will have experience working with young people or adults with SEND, in either a learning or care environment.
- Relevant knowledge within the area is essential, including experience working with a range of needs.
- We are looking for someone with great communication skills, who are prepared to go the extra mile to support the children they work with
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be willing to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a video interview (due to Covid-19 we are unable to conduct face-to-face interviews).
We are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates' pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school (subject to qualifying criteria).
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online training which is an accredited safeguarding and duty of care online course.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme (uncapped).
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, then apply below with a copy of your CV.
PLEASE NOTE: due to COVID-19, we are currently completing interviews and registrations online via secure web rooms. The technology we have put into place ensures that we can move forward with your application.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
ABC TeachersSt Chads House , Cross Keys , Lichfield, Staffordshire
Nearby train stations
- Birmingham New Street (opens in new window)
- Birmingham Snow Hill (opens in new window)
- Five Ways (opens in new window)
- Birmingham Moor Street (opens in new window)
- Jewellery Quarter (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop PC7, International Convention Centre, BROAD ST
- Stop PC6, International Convention Centre, BROAD ST
- Centenary Square, KING ALFREDS PLACE
- Stop PC5, International Convention Centre, BROAD ST
- Repertory Theatre, CAMBRIDGE ST
- Perry Beeches II the Free School
- Nelson Junior and Infant School
- Perry Beeches III
- Abbey College
- St Catherine of Siena Catholic Primary School