Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
£75 - 80 per day
Recruiter: Vision for Education
North Leeds, West Yorkshire
Are you a Support Worker in seek of a new challenge? Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with learning disabilities? Do you have great leadership skills, lots of patience and a desire to improve the progression of young adults with special educational needs? Do you have experience in support work and have previously supported adults with complex needs and communication barriers? If you are answering ‘yes' to any of the above-mentioned questions, then this would be the ideal role for you!
Pay: £75-£80 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months minimum experience working with Children and Young People with special educational needs and Learning Disabilities. This is a temporary to permanent role meaning you will work on a 12 week contract with us before going permanent. This position is for immediate start but could be flexible depending on your availability.
As a Support Worker, you will be supporting students with Learning Disabilities, Complex Needs and Communication Barriers throughout their daily routine and to support them to work to the best of their ability in order to make the most of their education and learning. You will be engaging with the students and helping them to gain life skills which will support them in adulthood. You will also assist them on trips out of the provision and in the community to help increase their independence and interaction.
The responsibilities of a Support Worker at this day centre are to provide 1:1 and/or 2:1 support with the students and to build a relationship with them in order to fully understand their needs and requirements. You will be supporting the students to take part in pre-planned activities like crafts and baking to enhance their sensory skills and gain life experience. Depending on the needs of the students, it may also be required to provide support with personal care and /or moving and handling tasks.
The environment in which you will be working will be in a Day Centre which caters for students between 19 and 25 with a wide range of needs from moderate to severe learning difficulties and Complex Needs. The Day Centre is committed to providing an environment in which all pupils can feel safe, happy, accepted and integrated, so that they are able to develop to their full potential.
The long-term goal is focused on preparing all students for life after education and into adulthood by supporting them to plan out a career pathway and to maximise the potential of each student by using a person-centred approach when planning and carrying out activities in order to meet their individual needs.
To be considered for the Support Worker position, you will:
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16.30.
- Be willing to attend a one-day positive behaviour management course.
- Be happy to support pupils with person care (if required).
- Be passionate about changing the lives of young people with Learning Disabilities and Complex Needs.
We are safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training and safeguarding training.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced or aspiring Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Vision for EducationSt Paul's Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield , South Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
- Leeds (opens in new window)
- Burley Park (opens in new window)
- Cottingley (opens in new window)
- Headingley (opens in new window)
- Morley (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stand A, Rail Replacement, New Station Street
- Main Entrance, Leeds Rail Station, New Station Street
- stop Z3, Neville Street, Neville Street
- stop S10, Station Interchange, New Station Street
- stop S8, Station Interchange, New Station Street
- Leeds City College
- Leeds College of Building
- Mount St Mary's Catholic High School
- St Peter's Church of England Primary School, Leeds
- Blenheim Primary School