Unqualified Teaching Assistant
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£70 to £90 per day
Recruiter: Principal Resourcing
Are you currently working as a residential support worker or care worker? Would you like to work school hours? Do you have Team Teach or Moving and Handling qualification?
We are currently recruiting for SEN Teaching Assistants and support workers to work in our Alternative Provisions based in Harrogate and surrounding areas.
The roles will be 5 days a week and require consistency and stability due to the nature of the children you will be working with. The provisions cater for children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. The settings provide a flexible curriculum for students. The provisions cater for children from KS1 to KS4. You must be committed to high standards, actively promote safe, happy learning and be ambitious for the success of the pupils, their families, yourself and the school community. You can expect to earn pay up to £90 per day.
Within the role you are required to:
- Provide a calming and nurturing support for some of Wakefield's most vulnerable students
- Be resilient, not easily offended and have the skills to de-escalate sometimes challenging situations
- Have a commitment to the settings to ensure the children you are supporting have a regular role model and routine
- Show an interest in the children that you are working with in order that you can build mutually respected relationships
Skills and attributes:
- Ability to relate well to pupils and young adults with additional needs, experience of working with SEN, LAC or residential support worker would be advantageous.
- Be able to remain calm under pressure
- Be confident, passionate and highly motivated
- The ability to take note of, and acting on, all issues relating to the wellbeing and safeguarding of children
- Cache level 3 or equivalent or experience working in a similar setting
- Team Teach or MAPA qualification is advantageous
So, what's in it for you:
- Highly supportive and committed consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- 'Recommend a Friend' bonus up to £150
- A wealth of experience from Teachers working in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
- A choice of pay options to suit you and your circumstances: PAYE or Umbrella Company
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We will conduct your interview remotely via Microsoft teams. We will clear you as quickly as possible, our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, will be working tirelessly to do so! Our Leeds branch is now open, following safety regulations, to drop in documentation.
We are an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Principal ResourcingPrincipal Resourcing Ltd, 157 High Street, Hull, Yorkshire
Nearby bus stops
- NW-bound, Forest Moor, B6451
- W-bound, Forest Hill, Menwith Hill Road
- 32004333, Forest Moor, Menwith Hill Road
- 32004332, Forest Moor, Menwith Hill Road
- 32004334, Menwith Hill, Menwith Hill Road
- Foremost School
- Darley Community Primary School
- Kettlesing Felliscliffe Community Primary School
- Dacre Braithwaite Church of England Primary School
- Summerbridge Community Primary School