Support Services - British Sign Language - Level 2 (PREM/BSL)
Location: Stockport, Greater Manchester
Competitive dependent on qualification
Recruiter: Premier Education Ltd
Sector: EducationJump to application form
British Sign Language Support – Part Time - Stockport
Do you have experience with delivering British Sign Language? Are you fluent or comfortable teaching others to sign? Are you looking to gain more evidenced hours of BSL in order to qualify?
Premier Education are working in partnership with Stockport Council and they are looking for BSL L2 or above Support Assistants to work on a fixed term basis initially across Primary and Secondary schools supporting children and young people with Hearing Impairments. If you are a qualified BSL practitioner and are interested in working part time on a short term placement then please get in touch ASAP!
This opportunity is due to begin in March and is likely to run until May 2020 in the first instance. Commitment and dedication is essential due to the nature of the needs of the students.
If you are qualified or fluent with BSL and are looking for your next opportunity then please get in touch!
Ideal candidates will:
• Be qualified in BSL L2 or above
• Be able to deliver specific interventions and communicate with Hearing Impaired children and young people
• Commit to working on a fixed term part time basis
• Understand how to work with children and young people
• Be available and interested in long term part time opportunities to support those with additional needs
• Have a DBS on the online update service or be willing to apply for one
• Be able to provide a minimum of 2 references to cover the last 2 years employment history
• Hold appropriate BSL qualifications L2 or above
Candidates who have experience or are interested in opportunities within the SEN sector will be subject to Premier Education's stringent vetting procedures including referencing and DBS checks as well as a registration interview. We have opportunities across Manchester and other areas in the North West as well so if you are aware of anyone else that may be interested please ask them to get in touch by responding to this advert or calling 01625 538 568 today!
Did you know? You can earn up to £100 for referring a candidate to us!*
Premier Education can offer:
• Competitive Rates of Pay
• A Specialist SEND Consultant with good knowledge of the SEND sector
• Caring, dedicated and committed staff team
• Local schools with regular work opportunities
• The opportunity to grow and develop as a Specialist SEND Support Worker
• Auto-enrolment into the group pension scheme and a holiday fund to secure some income during the school holiday period
*referral fee paid subject to conditions of employment being met. £50 payable when a referred candidate has worked for and £100 where a referral completes a long term appointment through Premier Education ltd.
Apply for this position
Premier Education Ltd1 Deanway Technology Centre, Wilmslow Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire
Nearby train stations
- Stockport (opens in new window)
- Davenport (opens in new window)
- Heaton Chapel (opens in new window)
- Woodsmoor (opens in new window)
- Reddish South (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Station Road - Railway Road, Stockport, Station Road
- Stockport Rail Station, -
- Entrance, Stockport Rail Station, Station Road
- Main Entrance, Stockport Rail Station, Station Road
- Main Entrance, Train Station, Station Rd
- St Matthew's Church of England Primary School
- Our Lady's Catholic Primary School
- Stockport College
- Stockport Technical School
- St Thomas' Church of England Primary School Stockport