£65 - 75 per day + pension
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Sector: EducationJump to application form
- Do you want a new and exciting work environment?
- Are you patient and caring?
- Can you rise to the challenge when required?
We are recruiting for a PE Teaching Assistant for a school in Poole. The school is an alternative provision which provides education for those pupils who have Social Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH) which prevent them from accessing their mainstream place or they have been permanently excluded from mainstream school due to various reasons
The majority of students who attend the centre are still on the roll of mainstream schools and are dual registered. The centre also caters for students who have been permanently excluded from a mainstream school, individuals with medical conditions that prevent attendance at mainstream schools and a few pupils without access to regular education, such as those belonging to traveller families. A number of students are admitted with an Education Health Care Plan and a few are in the care of the local authority.
As a PE Teaching Assistant you will be working within the class to support the class teacher with their lessons, you will be working alongside a team of support staff in class, and you will be working on a 1-1 basis with SEN students. You may also be required to assist teachers going off site to deliver Outdoor Education such as Rock Climbing, Paddle Boarding, Sailing etc.
The ideal candidate for this role would be:
- A calm and patient practitioner
- Professional or personal experience working with children and/or adults with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Dedicated and committed to making a real change in young people's lives
- Have some experience working with children in a school setting or similar
What we expect from you:
- A Child only DBS on the Update Service or a willingness to get one
- Willingness to work between 08:30-15:30
- A dedicated consultant to discuss current or future roles with you
- An extensively discounted CPD programme including some FREE courses
- Payment in house, meaning no fees from Umbrella companies
- £10 an hour
- 13 weeks off per year.
If you feel this would be the role for you or you would be interested in a similar role, then apply today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date. Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Poole (opens in new window)
- Hamworthy (opens in new window)
- Parkstone (Dorset) (opens in new window)
- Branksome (opens in new window)
- Holton Heath (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- NW-bound, St Aubyns Court, New Orchard
- SW-bound, Lower High Street, High Street
- opp, St Aubyns Court, New Orchard
- NW-bound, Old Orchard, Old Orchard
- SE-bound, Old Orchard, Old Orchard
- Poole High School
- Carter Community School
- Carter Community School
- Hamworthy Park Junior School
- Longfleet Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School