Sports Coach and Teaching Assistant - Rochdale.. (LH/Sports-TA_1611738917)
Location: Rochdale, Greater Manchester
£8 - £9 per hour
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Sports coach and Teaching Assistant - Rochdale. - April 2021.
Have you recently graduated university and looking to make the next step in your career?
Have you had a career of coaching and working in local Primary Schools?
Have you worked with Children for over 6 months?
Are you looking for work within the Education sector?
Do you have a passion for sport and to provide, engage and teach younger children?
Are you eager to assist with the teaching and learning of children?
We are currently looking to recruit a Sports coach to work as a Teaching Assistant within a Primary school in Rochdale. The roles will include supporting students in Key Stage 1 and 2 within the classroom.
The successful candidate must have good knowledge of P.E and be comfortable to deliver a P.E Lesson working around the curriculum.
You will use your sports knowledge to plan and deliver extra learning to the students to engage them within their learning.
- Work with students through interventions to enhance their learning.
- Use your sports experience to enhance their engagement.
- Provide opportunities within sports.
- Ideal opportunity for students looking to gain paid experience before a PGCE in 2021.
- Oldham based School.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Passion to enhance the learning of their students.
- The knowledge to provide a safe learning environment for each student.
- A professional approach to handling difficult situations.
- Confident to delivery P.E Lessons around the national curriculum.
- Sports (BA Hons) degree or Level 1 Minimum coaching badges.
- Enhanced DBS (clean and relevant) - Can be obtained through Prospero Teaching.
- Safeguarding certificate
- Passion for providing an education through sports and interventions.
- Excellent communication skills.
What we will offer you.
- Paid experience within the Education setting.
- Dedicated staff teams.
- A possible long term contract within the School.
- A commitment to supporting your professional development to the next stage of your career.
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Rochdale (opens in new window)
- Castleton (opens in new window)
- Milnrow (opens in new window)
- Smithy Bridge (opens in new window)
- New Hey (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Post Office, The Esplanade/Rochdale Post Office, THE ESPLANADE
- None, Ellen Smith's Office, NEWGATE
- nr Post Office, Newgate/The Esplanade, NEWGATE
- Drake Street, South Parade (to define route), SOUTH PARADE
- Drake Street, South Parade (SWbd - to def rte), SOUTH PARADE
- Advanced Education - Booth
- Broadfield Community Primary School
- St John's Roman Catholic Primary School, Rochdale
- Beech House School
- Brownhill School