Special Needs Teaching Assistant
£65 - £80 per day, Benefits: PAYE Pay, No Umbrella Companies, Free CPD, Local work.
Recruiter: Protocol Education
This role is based within an outstanding special needs school located in the London borough of Southwark supporting pupils ages 2-11 with severe learning difficulties, complex needs and autism. The school provides a child-centred curriculum for each pupil as they understand the importance of individualised learning. As the school support pupils with multiple needs, it's in partnership with visiting professionals to further care for their pupil's additional needs
If you are successful in this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside various support services, such as speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists.
As a Learning Support Mentor, you will need to be resilient, compassionate and patient, understanding the importance of embracing individual uniqueness within every child. By creating a safe and encouraging environment so that each pupil can flourish and feel a sense of accomplishment, belonging and acceptance.
For this role, you will have:
· Experience working in specialist schools such as SEN schools, Pupil Referral Units or in Youth Work.
· Strong behaviour management, confident with challenging behaviour and be able to work well under pressure.
· Happy to work one to one and small group work.
· An enthusiastic and friendly, yet firm approach.
Apply now with an up-to-date CV and all successful candidates will be contacted to progress their application.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Protocol Education247 Tottenham Court Road, London, London
Nearby train stations
- London Bridge (opens in new window)
- London Fenchurch Street (opens in new window)
- London Cannon Street (opens in new window)
- Elephant & Castle (opens in new window)
- London Liverpool Street (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop M, Abbey Street, TOWER BRIDGE ROAD
- Stop C, Druid Street (SE1), ---
- Stop H, Abbey Street, TOWER BRIDGE ROAD
- D, Tower Bridge Road, DRUID STREET
- Stop A, Bermondsey Street, ---
- Tower Bridge Primary School
- Snowsfields Primary School
- Grange Primary School
- Beormund Primary School
- Boutcher Church of England Primary School