Special Needs Teaching Assistant
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
£75 - 80 per day
Recruiter: Vision for Education
£70-£80 per day
Long term and permanent Special Needs Teaching Assistant required for an amazing Harrogate Special School.
To be considered for the Special Needs Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16.30.
- Be willing to attend a one-day positive behaviour management course.
- Be physically fit and energetic.
- Be passionate about changing the lives of young people with SEMH.
- Have experience working with children or young people
- Supporting Children aged between 9-16 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues and Challenging Behaviour.
- Assisting the class teacher in organising and carrying out activities.
- Supporting with behaviour management in the classroom.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months minimum experience working with Children, Young People and/or Adults with Autism, Learning Disabilities and Complex Needs. This is a temporary to permanent position meaning that you have the opportunity to complete a 12-week placement through us before being offered a permanent role by the school.
The environment in which you will be working is in a Special School in Harrogate, North Yorkshire that caters for children between the ages of 9 to 16 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues and challenging behaviour.
The aim of the school is to ensure every pupil is ready for the next stage in their education and life as they move throughout the school. The school place a key focus on numeracy and literacy throughout the curriculum, whilst ensuring that all pupils access a broad and balanced curriculum that meets their needs and also reflects their aspirations and interests. This is done by activities being planned to be engaging for the children, creative and fun for them to take part in which encourages pupils to participate and get involved in school activities.
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training and safeguarding training.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced or aspiring Special Needs Teaching Assistant that wants to work in special schools who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Vision for EducationSt Paul's Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield , South Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
- Harrogate (opens in new window)
- Hornbeam Park (opens in new window)
- Starbeck (opens in new window)
- Pannal (opens in new window)
- Knaresborough (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- NE-bound, Royal Hall, Montpellier Road
- SE-bound, Royal Hall, Parliament Street
- 32013420, Cheltenham Cres, Cheltenham Crescent
- E-bound, Cheltenham Crescent, Cheltenham Crescent
- N-bound, White Hart, Cold Bath Road
- Western Primary School
- Harrogate Ladies' College
- Harrogate, St Peter's Church of England Primary School
- Harrogate, Grove Road Community Primary School
- Harrogate, Coppice Valley Community Primary School