Special Needs Teaching Assistant
£70 - 85 per day
Recruiter: Smart Teachers
Special Needs Teaching Assistant
£70 - £85 PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
We are recruiting for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to work within a special needs environments in Haringey. This is an independent school located in Haringey. The successful Special Needs Teaching Assistant will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, with children aged 5-16 who have Autism.
- Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- To work with students with a range of needs including, Autism
- Working with children aged 5-16
- Working with a team of special needs staff to support the children throughout the day
- Available immediately
- Well-structured days with small group work
- Located in Haringey
- Real community feel to the school, with friendly and welcoming staff
To be considered for the Special Needs Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Have experience working with children or adults with special needs
- NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Have strong communication, literacy, and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Special Needs Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Smart TeachersSalisbury House, 29 Finsbury Circus, London, Greater London
Nearby train stations
- Bruce Grove (opens in new window)
- White Hart Lane (opens in new window)
- Tottenham Hale (opens in new window)
- Northumberland Park (opens in new window)
- Seven Sisters (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop LE, The Roundway East Arm, LORDSHIP LANE
- Stop RS, All Hallows Road (N17), THE ROUNDWAY
- Stop RT, All Hallows Road (N17), THE ROUNDWAY
- Stop LD, Mount Pleasant RdLordship Ln, LORDSHIP LANE
- Stop M, Bruce Castle Park (N17), BRUCE GROVE
- Risley Avenue Primary School
- The Willow Primary School
- The Brook School
- Lancasterian Primary School
- Bruce Grove Primary School