Special Needs Teaching Assistant
Location: Barking & Dagenham
£70 - 85 per day
Recruiter: Smart Teachers
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
Special Needs Teaching Assistant
London Borough of Barking & Dagenham
£70 - £85 per day PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
We are recruiting for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to work within an Special Educational Needs School in the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham. The successful Special Needs Teaching Assistant will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, with children across a primary and secondary setting. Students have profound and multiple learning difficulties.
- Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- To work with students with profound and multiple learning difficulties
- Working with children through primary and secondary
- Working with a team of special needs staff to support the children throughout the day
- Set in a residential area that is easily accessible via public transport
- Well-structured days with small group work
- Friendly school environment
- Located in London Borough of Barking & Dagenham
To be considered for the Special Needs Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Have proven experience working in Primary, Secondary Schools and/or Care Settings
• Experience working with SEN students or adults
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Special Needs Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Smart TeachersSalisbury House, 29 Finsbury Circus, London, Greater London
Nearby train stations
- Chadwell Heath (opens in new window)
- Goodmayes (opens in new window)
- Seven Kings (opens in new window)
- Dagenham Dock (opens in new window)
- Barking (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop SA, Lindisfarne Road (RM8), BENNETT'S CASTLE LANE
- Stop NM, Lindisfarne Road (RM8), BENNETT'S CASTLE LANE
- Stop NJ, Martins Corner Wood Lane, VALENCE AVENUE
- Stop SC, Martins Corner Wood Lane, VALENCE AVENUE
- Stop NK, Lindisfarne Road (RM8), VALENCE AVENUE
- Southwood Primary School
- The St Teresa Catholic Primary School
- Roding Primary School
- Valence Primary School
- The Sydney Russell School