SEND Teaching Assistant - PMLD School (KWMAN12)
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
£65- £70 per day + £675 Health care package
Recruiter: Clarus Education
Sector: EducationJump to application form
SEN Teaching Assistants – urgent start – Manchester
Do you have experience of supporting young people with PMLD? Are you looking for a new role?
A secondary specialist SEN school in Salford Manchester is looking to recruit several Teaching Assistants to support their young people on a long-term basis. The school caters for secondary aged children with PMLD, ASD and Complex needs. This school holds the NAS Autism Accreditation award and is therefore highly sought after by parents and professionals to provide the very best education service for students in the area.
The headteacher is looking to recruit several Teaching Assistants to work across both key stages. As such, they require a flexible approach with a background in supporting young people with specific needs. If you have a background in the health care sector, a residential setting or similar school environment, the headteacher will welcome your application.
Does this sound like your next Teaching Assistant role? For more information please read below:
JOB DESCRIPTION – Teaching Assistant
• Experience supporting young people with PMLD is essential.
• Get involved attitude. Everyone works on the same team.
• Understanding of ASD and high functioning needs
• Comfortable with personal care when required
• Able to manage behaviours effectively
• Commitment to the end of the academic year
• Car park site or short walk from public transport stations.
• From £65 to £75 per day + £675 Health care package.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Teaching Assistant
• Relevant special needs support experience
• Autism training would be beneficial
• Comfortable with personal care
• Any additional relevant training would be an advantage
• Able to commit to this long-term Teaching Assistant role
SCHOOL INFORMATION – Teaching Assistant
• This school invests in staff with a range of CPD
• Ofsted graded “Outstanding”
• Supportive SLT and team – everyone is on the same team.
• Giving young people the same opportunities as their peers
Interested in this Teaching Assistant role? Please send your CV to Kelly at Clarus Education.
Please see our website page headed “About” and scroll to the bottom to see our “Privacy Notice” for an explanation about how we use information we collect
Apply for this position
Clarus Education1st Floor, , 99 Bishopsgate, London
Nearby train stations
- Manchester Oxford Road (opens in new window)
- Deansgate (opens in new window)
- Salford Central (opens in new window)
- Manchester Victoria (opens in new window)
- Manchester Piccadilly (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop Sb, Princess Street/Town Hall, PRINCESS STREET
- Stop Sd, Princess Street/Town Hall (Stop SD), PRINCESS STREET
- Stop Sc, Princess Street/Town Hall, PRINCESS STREET
- Stop Sa, Princess Street/Town Hall (Stop SA), PRINCESS STREET
- Town Hall, Albert Square, Albert Sq
- Abbey College Manchester
- Chetham's School of Music
- St Philip's Church of England Primary School
- St Wilfrid's RC Primary School
- St Philip's CofE Primary School