SEND Teaching Assistant
Location: Oldham, Greater Manchester
£65-75 per day
Recruiter: TES LTD
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
The Education Specialists are recruiting on behalf of a Primary School in the Oldham area. The role will be to start immediately after clearance and safeguarding processes.
We are seeking Primary Teaching Assistants to support in a 1:1 and small group capacity with SEND experience. This school in particular are looking to employ people from a temporary to permanent basis.
Note: All applicants who apply to us will have to be safeguard cleared and complete our registration process. Because of the current climate and travel restrictions we have created a process where the signing up process is completed from the safety of your own home. We would love to speak with you today to discuss the fantastic opportunities that will be available once our schools fully reopen for business so if you would like to be in the best position for work, then we would be interested to hear from you.
The role of a Teaching Assistant will include various tasks such as:
• Supporting individuals to complete set tasks within the classroom.
• Promoting independence within the school environment.
• Supporting small groups under direction of the teacher.
• Implementing behaviour strategies.
• Working in partnership with teachers and other TA's to provide a stable, positive environment for learning.
• Supporting SEN pupils.
• Supervising activities with the pupils.
• The working hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.30am – 3.30pm.
Who can apply?
• Qualified Teaching Assistants
• Individuals with significant experience working in schools
• Individual who have worked in an environment supporting and managing young people such as youth groups, sports coaching and mentoring
• Individuals with SEN experience
• Other education professionals with these skills and experience
How can you be considered?
• Click 'Apply Now' and submit a copy of your up-to-date CV. The CV needs to show all your experience working with children and young people. We would also recommend a covering letter which highlights your experience and what you can bring to the role.
• All individuals working on behalf of TES are required to hold an enhanced DBS or be willing to purchase one at a cost to the applicant of £40 and will be subject to safeguarding/vetting checks.
Why choose us and what benefits can you gain?
• Excellent rates of pay.
• Ongoing support and guidance throughout your education career.
• A flexible approach to work.
• Temporary and permanent opportunities.
• A trained team of education consultants.
• The Education Specialists are proud holders of the APSCO audited accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
TES LTDThe Education Specialist, Unit 1 Block A Paramount Business Park, Liverpool, Liverpool
Nearby train stations
- Oldham Mumps (opens in new window)
- Oldham Werneth (opens in new window)
- Derker (opens in new window)
- Hollinwood (opens in new window)
- Mills Hill (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Turning Circle, West St/Central Bus Station (Stop J) QS, WEST STREET
- Turning Circle, West Street QT, WEST STREET
- Turning Circle, West St/Central Bus Station (Stop K) QT, WEST STREET
- Stand M, Oldham West Street Bus Station STAND M, WEST STREET
- West Street - Op Cheapside, Oldham West Street Bus Station Stand M, West Street
- The Oldham College
- Oldham Sixth Form College
- Holy Cross CofE Primary School
- Richmond Primary School
- St Patrick's RC Primary and Nursery School