SEND Specialist Teaching Assistant
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
Location: London Borough of Newham, London
£70 - £80 per day
Recruiter: New Formation Education
SEND Specialist Teaching Assistant
Are you interested in working in the primary education field? Do you have existing SEND experience with either children or adults?
If you'd like to make a positive difference and encourage children with SEND to make excellent progress look no further than our SEN Teaching Assistant role.
You will build good relationships with Early Years - KS2 children who have mild – severe learning difficulties, emotional and behavioural difficulties. These can range from Autism, Downs Syndrome, sensory impairments, ADHD to Global Delay Development. All children are different but it is certain that empathy, confidence and lots of enthusiasm are essential to thrive in this role.
Here at New Formation Education, we're working with a number of primary schools across South West London who are searching for new support staff to add to their teams from April 2021 onwards.
If you're available from October for a minimum of one year, please read on…
The ideal candidate will have:
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for supporting children with SEN
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm in making a positive difference
- Have some experience working with children/ young people: Youth work / mentoring / tutoring / volunteering will all be considered.
- Be positive, friendly, confident, outgoing and unflappable under pressure
- A degree isn't essential but a willingness to get stuck in and support children with SEN is
- Be available full-time (Monday-Friday 8.30am-4pm)
Duties include but aren't limited to:
- 1:1 support with a child or small group
- Supporting the whole class as well as 1:1
- Assisting the class teacher
- Communicating with parents
- Caring and looking after children during break times and lunch times
- Supervising children during activities
- Helping prepare lessons in advance
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Acting as a motivator and role model
What's in it for you?
- Gain first-hand experience in a school setting and enhance your CV
- Receive support, advice and guidance from experienced members of staff
- An opportunity to transform children's lives and help them reach their full potential
- Opportunities to undertake courses during the holidays / half-terms
The starting rate for SEN Teaching Assistants is £70 per day and will be expected to rise as you continue to gain more experience within a school environment
To apply to work in one of our South West London Primary schools, please submit your application alongside your CV clearly outlining your skills, most recent experience and qualifications.
Please note that we prioritise long term and permanent placements (minimum 1 academic year), so please only apply if you can commit to this.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
New Formation EducationTintagel House, 92 Albert Embankment, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Forest Gate (opens in new window)
- Wanstead Park (opens in new window)
- Maryland (opens in new window)
- Leytonstone High Road (opens in new window)
- Manor Park (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop DD, St James School (E7), FOREST LANE
- Stop, St James School (E7), FOREST LANE
- Stop D, Forest Gate, FOREST LANE
- Stop J, Wanstead Park, WOODGRANGE ROAD
- Forest Gate Rail Station, -
- St James' CofE Junior School
- Forest Gate Community School
- Earlham Primary School
- Azhar Academy
- Maryland Primary School