SEND Learning Support Assistant (sl01be)
Location: Slough, Slough
£375-£400 per week
Recruiter: Uniform Education
SEND Teaching Assistant required to join one of our partnership schools. You will be responsible for assisting and working with 5-16 year-old's students, within a large special educational needs school.
The school is an outstanding SEND school based in Slough, with parking on site and close to major rail links. The school provides an edcuation for children and young adults with a range of learning difficulties. The support from the senior leadership team and teachers is second to none. After you have completed a contract through the agency, the shool will look to offer a permanent contract providing that you enjoy the role and you demonstrate success within the first 3 months.
The right candidate preferably should have prior SEND experience as the role involves a mix of challenging behaviour and emotional behaviour, however, applications welcome from graduates.
• Evaluate student's abilities to support them better.
• Adapt learning materials to student's needs
• Keep track of and reflect on student's progress.
• Monitor children's behavioural patterns.
• Support through engaging activities to teach skills (e.g. drawing and theatre drama).
• Manage classroom dilemmas and resolve conflict.
• Notify parents about their child's performance and potential difficulties.
• Collaborate with staff (e.g. school counsellors and speech therapists) accordingly.
• Proven experience within special education
• Good knowledge of current special education topics and methodologies
• Experience working with children with a wide range of disabilities
• A patient, resourceful, and resilient personality
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Competitive wages
• Career development opportunities
• Easy to use Online Time-Sheet system.
• Support with dedicated consultants following the placement date.
• Excellent Refer-a-Friend scheme*
*'refer a friend' scheme that pays you £200 worth of High Street vouchers of your choice for each candidate you refer to us after they have worked and been paid for their first 20 days.
Apply for this position
Applications for this position have closed
Uniform EducationUniform Education, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Slough (opens in new window)
- Windsor & Eton Riverside (opens in new window)
- Datchet (opens in new window)
- Windsor & Eton Central (opens in new window)
- Langley (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- north east entrance, bus station, London Road
- Bay 4, Brunel Bus Station, Wellington Street
- Bay 8, Brunel Bus Station, Wellington Street
- west entrance, Slough Bus Station, Wellington Street
- Bay 12, Brunel Bus Station, Wellington Street
- Littledown School
- St Mary's Church of England Primary School
- James Elliman Academy
- James Elliman School
- Slough and Eton CofE Business and Enterprise College