SEND Learning Support Assistant
Location: Oldham, Greater Manchester
£9 - £10 per hour
Recruiter: Monarch Education
Are you a passionate teaching assistant seeking to make a difference? Are you seeking a better work/life balance?
We are currently recruiting for a SEND Learning Support
Assistant in the Oldham area to support the primary and secondary
education of children on a long-term basis.
Our school seeks an SEND Learning Support Assistant who can immerse themselves in the school community and ethos and ensuring a delivery of passion and excellence in the teaching and learning.
The school is an SEND school, which is a fast paced environment with fantastic career progression opportunities. In the role you'll, support this transition working with pupils with SEND, particularly SEMH within the school on a 1:1 and group basis.
- Dedicated consultant allocated to look after and assist you with any questions or concerns
- £200 for any successful referral of Teachers and Teaching Assistants
- Outstanding training workshops and CPD courses/web seminars to aid your development
- Assisting the teaching staff by monitoring and evaluating pupils' progress
- Supporting the teaching staff to implement the KS1, KS2, KS3 and KS4 curriculum by providing booster, intervention and additional support to raise standards within the classroom
- Working with a child's strengths and weaknesses to support their development and progress
- Being able to build a good rapport with teachers and children alike
- SEND support
- Helping to create a stimulating and motivating environment for children
- Childcare Qualification (Minimum of Level 3)- Preferred but not essential
- Experience of supporting SEND - Including ADHD, challenging behaviour and SEMH
- Relevant experience of working with children
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates as well as adhering to strict safeguarding procedures. Your application will be subject to 1 reference evidencing where you've worked supporting children and enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all our temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. We operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Monarch Education10th Floor, Temple Point, 1 Temple Row, Birmingham, Birmingham
Nearby train stations
- Oldham Werneth (opens in new window)
- Oldham Mumps (opens in new window)
- Derker (opens in new window)
- Hollinwood (opens in new window)
- Mills Hill (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop Kc, King Street/Barn Street, KING STREET
- Stop Kd, King Street/Barn Street, KING STREET
- Op Court, West Street/Civic Centre (Stop KK), WEST STREET
- Civic Centre, West Street/Civic Centre (Stop JJ), WEST STREET
- Civic Centre, West Street QT, WEST STREET
- The Oldham College
- Oldham Sixth Form College
- Richmond Primary School
- St Patrick's RC Primary and Nursery School
- St Thomas CofE Primary School