SEND Learning Support Assistant (GLSENTA2)
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
£350 - £400
Recruiter: Engage SEN
Learning Support Professionals required ASAP
The school is a primary AP Academy based in Barking and Dagenham. The Academy supports learners who have experienced difficulties with their learning and behaviour in mainstream school and those with an Education, Health and Care Plan. The key objective is to ensure that all learners develop a ‘love for learning' and the drive to ensure that every learner succeeds is well embedded in their practice.
Main Purpose of the job
Main Purpose of the job to complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision, supported by direction from teaching staff and in line with school policies and guidance. This may involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/ groups or short-term for whole classes. It may also involve the monitoring of learners and assessment, recording and reporting on achievement, behaviour for learning, progress and development. It will also involve the strategic support of mainstream schools with a particular focus on inclusion.
Support for Learners and Families
- Work alongside schools, learners and families in the early identification of learners at risk from exclusion. Developing appropriate intervention packages to prevent exclusion
- Establish productive working relationships with learners and their families to provide advice, training and guidance as required in school and home settings
- Develop and implement IEPs
- Encourage learners to interact and work cooperatively with others and engage all learners in activities
Support for Teachers
- Organise and manage appropriate learning environments and resources
- Monitor and evaluate learner responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies against predetermined learning objectives
- Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required on learner achievement, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
- Record progress and achievement in lessons/activities systematically and providing evidence of range and level of progress and attainment
Engage Education is a widely recognised, award-winning education recruitment company. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and professional development that we offer our teachers and support staff. We:
- Offer an excellent ‘refer a friend' scheme that pays you £150 for each candidate you refer to us after they have worked and been paid for their first 10 days
- Pay in line with the Agency Worker Regulations (AWR) meaning you will be paid equally to a permanent employee
- Ensure that you will have your own dedicated consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- Give you access for a wide range of CPD training through our in-house team of experienced senior leaders
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity? If so, please either apply below or contact Engage Education directly.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification.
Engage Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the new GDPR requirements If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role. However, we will keep your CV and continue to help you in your search for a job within education.
Apply for this position
Applications for this position have closed
Engage SENEngage Education, 10 Devonshire Square, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Dagenham Dock (opens in new window)
- Chadwell Heath (opens in new window)
- Goodmayes (opens in new window)
- Seven Kings (opens in new window)
- Barking (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop NP, Fanshawe Crescent, PARSLOES AVENUE
- Stop, Fanshawe Crescent, ---
- Stop SH, Rusper Road, GALE STREET
- Stop ND, Rusper Road, GALE STREET
- Stop, Lullington Road (RM9), HEDGEMANS ROAD
- The Sydney Russell School
- Roding Primary School
- Godwin Primary School
- Parsloes Primary School
- Southwood Primary School