SEN Teaching Assistant
£60 - 65 per day
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Are you looking for a challenging new role supporting the social and academic development of children with SEN?
We are offering the successful candidate the chance to make a real difference in the lives of children with SEN. The position is an SEN Teaching Assistant in the Wigan area. This would be working with children aged 4-14 years at a specialist SEN school, primarily with ASC, MLD, SLD and PMLD.
The position is temporary but with the opportunity to become permanent if the school decides you are a good fit.
Pay is £10 per hour, working from the hours of 8:30am to 3:30pm.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Engaging students when distracted from their learning
- Assisting the execution of tailored lesson plans
- Reporting back on behaviour to promote best practice
- 1:1 work ensuring pupils stay on track with the curriculum
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A keen interest in the wellbeing of children with SEN
- A calm and resilient personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Teaching Personnel can offer:
- 24 years industry experience informing the process of you applying for positions to being placed in a role that's right for you
- A personal consultant if you decide to register with us who will guide you through the process, ensuring all the relevant documents are in place
- Heavily discounted CPD programs, our own safeguarding training and an online diary to help you manage your workload
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details. All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date. Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Wigan North Western (opens in new window)
- Wigan Wallgate (opens in new window)
- Pemberton (opens in new window)
- Ince (opens in new window)
- Gathurst (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- just before, Wallgate/Seven Stars Road, WALLGATE
- Rail Bridge, Wallgate/Seven Stars, WALLGATE
- before, Southgate/Melverley Street, SOUTHGATE
- Nissan Garage, Pottery Road/First Garage, POTTERY ROAD
- nr, Wallgate/Wigan Pier, WALLGATE
- St Mark's CofE Primary School
- The Deanery Church of England High School and Sixth Form College
- Wigan and Leigh College
- St James' CofE Primary School
- Wigan UTC