SEN Teaching Assistant
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
£350 - 400 per week
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
We are currently working with an alternative provision in Southampton, who are looking for a Behaviour Support Assistant to work with children in Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
The school are looking for a passionate and creative individual who has experience working with challenging behaviours. The school is an alternative provision which provides education for those pupils who have Social Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH) which prevent them from accessing their mainstream place or they have been permanently excluded from mainstream school due to various reasons.
You must be enthusiastic and highly motivated and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the school. They are looking for someone who is resilient and has a sense of humour. You will join their vision of high expectations of achievement and behaviour and offer a nurturing and supportive ethos, celebrating differences and ensuring that everyone meets their full potential.
To be considered for this role you will need then to:
- Provide support for pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Establish trusted relationships with pupils and work with them on an individual needs basis.
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in the classroom
- Encourage pupils to interact in classroom learning and with their peers
- Promote self confidence and set individual tailored goals and challenges
- Have Experience in youth work or relevant experience working with challenging behaviour and or SEMH
If this sounds like the perfect Behaviour Support opportunity for you please apply today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and
training for this role.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Southampton Central (opens in new window)
- Millbrook (Hants) (opens in new window)
- St Denys (opens in new window)
- Bitterne (opens in new window)
- Woolston (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- stop HE, Art Gallery, Commercial Road
- stop HG, Art Gallery, Commercial Road
- N-bound, Grosvenor Square Car Park, Grosvenor Square
- E-bound, Handel Road, Handel Road
- stop HF, Art Gallery, Commercial Road
- The Polygon School
- Springhill Catholic Primary School
- St Anne's Catholic School
- Banister Primary School and Nursery
- St Mary's Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School