SEN Teaching Assistant
£60 - 65 per day
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Are you looking for a challenging new role supporting the development of children with SEN?
We are offering the successful candidate the chance to make a real difference in the lives of children with SEN. The position is an SEN Teaching Assistant in the Salford area. This would be working with children aged 11-18 years at a specialist SEN school, facilitating for SENs such as ASC, PMLD and SLD.
The position is temporary but with the opportunity to become permanent if the school decides you are a good fit.
Pay is £10 per hour, working from the hours of 8:30am to 3:30pm.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Engaging students when distracted from their learning
- Assisting the execution of tailored lesson plans
- Reporting back on behaviour to promote best practice
- 1:1 work ensuring pupils stay on track with the curriculum
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A keen interest in the wellbeing of children with SEN
- A calm and resilient personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Teaching Personnel can offer:
- 24 years industry experience informing the process of you applying for positions to being placed in a role that's right for you
- A personal consultant if you decide to register with us who will guide you through the process, ensuring all the relevant documents are in place
- Heavily discounted CPD programs, our own safeguarding training and an online diary to help you manage your workload
All of our candidates are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and other vetting checks before being placed at a school.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date. Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Salford Crescent (opens in new window)
- Salford Central (opens in new window)
- Manchester Victoria (opens in new window)
- Deansgate (opens in new window)
- Manchester United FC Halt (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop H, Salford Shopping Centre/Hankinson Way, HANKINSON WAY
- Stop D, Salford Shopping Centre/Hankinson Way, HANKINSON WAY
- STOP E, Salford Shopping Centre/Rossall Way, ROSSALL WAY
- Stop U, Broad St/Pendleton Church, BROAD STREET
- nr Bank, Salford Shopping Centre/Hankinson Way, HANKINSON WAY
- Holy Family VA RC Primary School
- Lark Hill Community Primary School
- St George's CofE Primary School
- The Albion Academy
- St Paul's CofE Primary School