SEN Teaching Assistant
£10.77 - 11.00 per hour
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
We are looking for a mentor to work with young people on a 1:1 basis in a specialist SEN school/ Alternative Provision in Plymouth from September 2022. The school caters for children who are not in mainstream education with social and emotional difficulties. You will be working with a specific child to support their learning and wellbeing.
The role is to start in September 2022 and will likely carry on through the academic year with the potential to become a direct contract. The hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 3:30pm term time only. It will be to support pupils on a 1:1 basis with their school work while also helping them with other activities.
The successful candidate will have:
- A full, clean driving licence with access to a car to use daily.
- Be passionate and enthusiastic to work with pupils within the setting to enhance their learning and support their welfare and mental health.
- Must have experience of working with young people and will have had experience of working within the education or healthcare sector and with multi-agencies.
- Will be proactive and eager to carry out responsibilities.
- Need to have NVQ Level 2 minimum in Health and Social Care or similar.
We can offer you:
- Opportunity to work at various schools (SEN and mainstream) within Plymouth.
- Competitive daily pay rate.
- Continual professional development (CPD) opportunities.
In order to work for us and clear our vetting process, you must have a Child Workforce DBS subscribed to the Update Service. Full assistance will be provided should you need to apply for a new check, at a standard cost of £38, plus an annual subscription fee of £13 for the Update Service.
If you hold experience working with children or young people and want take the next step in building a career in an exciting and rewarding area of education, please apply with your CV and a covering letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education'. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Plymouth (opens in new window)
- Devonport (opens in new window)
- Dockyard (opens in new window)
- Keyham (opens in new window)
- St Budeaux Ferry Road (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop U4, University, Drake Circus
- Stop U3, University, Drake Circus
- N-bound, Skardon Place, North Hill
- SW-bound, Bedford Terrace
- SW-bound, City Library & Museum, Drake Circus
- Mount Street Primary School
- Plymouth College of Art
- Plymouth High School for Girls
- Holy Cross Catholic Primary School
- Pilgrim Primary School