SEN Teaching Assistant
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
£65 - 75 per day
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant required in Harrogate
Teaching Assistant to work across the school with pupils who have additional needs including (but not limited to): Reading and Writing disabilities, Autism, Physical or Mental disabilities, severe and profound learning disabilities and pupils with varying levels of concentration such as ADHD/ADD.
Pupils are aged 11-16 who depend upon additional support with some students also having complex medical needs that require assistance. The school curriculum provides learning opportunities that are appropriately structured to aid the academic and social development of students. You will be expected to support students in reaching their full potential while encouraging independence, confidence and resilience.
We are seeking Teaching Assistants with the following:
- Previous experience supporting young people with Special Educational Needs
- Additional training (or the willingness to complete training) in areas such as: Sign Language, Makaton, Speech and Language Therapy, Moving and Handling, Team Teach
- Commitment and motivation to support students with Special Needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to assist with pupils' personal care needs
You will be joining a school who aspires to be the best and achieve the best outcomes for all their students. Staff strives to deliver engaging and motivating learning experiences allowing pupils to feel challenged in achieving their full potential. You will be working alongside specialist teaching staff and specialists who provide medical care, physiotherapy and speech and language therapy.
Working closely with the class teacher, your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and supporting pupils ensuring their safety and access to the curriculum
- Promoting inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Attend to the pupil's personal needs including social, health and welfare matters
- Prepare learning resources
- To encourage positive peer interaction and engagement in teacher led activities
- Provide feedback to pupils and parents/carers
- Completing paperwork/administration tasks as necessary
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
For more information please contact the West Yorkshire SEN branch.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and
training for this role.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Harrogate (opens in new window)
- Hornbeam Park (opens in new window)
- Starbeck (opens in new window)
- Pannal (opens in new window)
- Knaresborough (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- NE-bound, Royal Hall, Montpellier Road
- SE-bound, Royal Hall, Parliament Street
- 32013420, Cheltenham Cres, Cheltenham Crescent
- E-bound, Cheltenham Crescent, Cheltenham Crescent
- N-bound, White Hart, Cold Bath Road
- Western Primary School
- Harrogate Ladies' College
- Harrogate, St Peter's Church of England Primary School
- Harrogate, Grove Road Community Primary School
- Harrogate, Coppice Valley Community Primary School