SEN Teaching Assistant
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
£350 - 370 per week
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Sector: EducationJump to application form
We are currently recruiting for a male sports coach with experience working with pupils with challenging behaviour with SEMH or SEN needs.
This position will incorporate the following:
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning
- A passion for Sport
- The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
- Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN) or Social, Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) needs, particularly children on the Autism Spectrum.
- The ability to manage a small group of children with complex social communication needs.
- The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
- Plan and support a child with autism and help them reach their potential in a professional and caring manner
- Be reliable and punctual when working individually in the community or when part of a team and supporting colleagues to do their jobs
- Actively plan and join in play and youth activities including swimming, ball games, messy play and music
- Be prepared to communicate differently with a wide range of people
Applications are encouraged from:
- Behaviour Mentors
- Youth Workers
- Sports Coaches
- Therapists, Psychology Graduates
- Learning support assistants
Applicants will be working in a classroom supporting teachers and fellow support workers on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis with pupils.
The role will operate between 8:30 - 16:00, Monday - Friday.
Full time is preferred but part time applicants may still apply.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date. Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Fareham (opens in new window)
- Portchester (opens in new window)
- Swanwick (opens in new window)
- Cosham (opens in new window)
- Portsmouth Harbour (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop Z, High Street, High Street
- Stop X, Quay Street, West Street
- Stop W, East Street, East Street
- W-bound, Bath Lane, East Street
- Stop Y, High Street, High Street
- Wykeham House School
- Harrison Primary School
- Cams Hill School
- Redlands Primary School
- Uplands Primary School