SEN Teaching Assistant
£60 - 75 per day
Recruiter: ABC Teachers
We are looking for Teaching Assistants to join their supply pool working with an SEN provision in Derby. If you are seeking flexible work alongside your other commitments or a full time, long-term role, please apply today!
- Experience working with an SEN secondary or primary classroom or nursery setting (within the last 5 years) that we can gain references for.
- The ability to work within a team with a positive, proactive, can do attitude.
- The ability to adapt to difference teaching methods to suit pupils with all abilities and preferably a good knowledge of the curriculum.
- A Level 2 or above Teaching Assistant qualification is desirable.
- High level of time keeping and organisation skills.
You will be working as a teaching assistant, to support the class teacher in delivering the curriculum, working at various schools around your area. With special educational needs schools there are a lot of activities besides the academic curriculum such as sports, crafts, games, trips and sensory activities. This is an opportunity to work with a range of abilities and children from different backgrounds, to widen your skill set.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be willing to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a video interview (due to Covid-19 we are unable to conduct face-to-face interviews).
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
ABC Teachers are REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates' pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school (subject to qualifying criteria).
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme (uncapped).
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
We have similar positions to offer on a daily basis. Keep up to date with us on our website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, then please apply
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
ABC TeachersSt Chads House , Cross Keys , Lichfield, Staffordshire
Nearby train stations
- Derby (opens in new window)
- Peartree (opens in new window)
- Spondon (opens in new window)
- Duffield (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- opp, Friar Gate Bridge, Friar Gate
- Adj, Bold Lane Car Park, Jury Street
- Stop B11, Friar Gate, Friar Gate
- Adj, Friar Gate Bridge, Friar Gate
- SE-bound, Agard Street, Agard Street
- Al-Madinah School
- Kingsmead School
- Becket Primary School
- Landau Forte College
- Ashgate Primary School