SEN Teaching Assistant
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
£10 - 15 per hour
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
We are currently recruiting a Teaching assistant on behalf of a Primary SEND school for young people with a great range of special educational needs from MLD to SLD. This position is due to begin in and will be five days' work, six hours per day until the end of the academic year. The school is based in Bolton and is easily accessible by both public transport and car.
This school is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding' provision that caters for young people with a scope of special educational needs such as, ASD Autism spectrum condition, PMLD Profound and multiple learning difficulties, VI visual impairment, SLCN Speech and language & communication and SLD Severe learning difficulties. The school provides a Tremendous education environment, which allows the young people to make significant strides in their life skills and academic development. The school is also held in high regard for the support provided, primarily by the senior leadership team. This really would be a fantastic opportunity for a Teaching assistant hoping to go onto their Teacher training in the near future.
The ideal candidate
- SEND experience.
- Prior experience additional methods of communication (ESOL, Makaton, PEC'S)
- Specialist training will enhance your application, i.e., Team- teach training, Moving and handling training, Peg feeding training.
- To be able to demonstrate the right necessary experience and your passion for helping vulnerable children with a range of difficulties.
If you feel you can meet this role and be of service, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Teaching Personnel have 24 years' experience placing staff at over 5000 schools every academic year. We can provide a tried and tested service in addition to various forms of training and an online diary to help you manage and organise your workload.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date. Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Bolton (opens in new window)
- Hall I Th Wood (opens in new window)
- Bromley Cross (opens in new window)
- Lostock (opens in new window)
- Moses Gate (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Nr House 2, Merehall Drive/Merehall Close, MEREHALL DRIVE
- Opp House 11, Merehall Drive/Petersfield Walk, MEREHALL DRIVE
- Op House 4, Vernon Street/Mossfield Court, VERNON STREET
- Nr House 4, Vernon Street/Mossfield Court, VERNON STREET
- Fleet House, Brownlow Way/Nottingham Drive, BROWNLOW WAY
- Gaskell Community Primary School
- Brownlow Fold Primary School
- St Matthew's CofE Primary School, Bolton
- St Thomas CofE Primary School, Halliwell
- St Joseph's RC Primary School, Halliwell, Bolton