SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire
£9 - £11 per hour
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Behaviour Support Worker - Barnsley - Secondary
Do you have the passion and drive to connect with and inspire hard to reach young people?
Are you able to manage behaviour effectively?
Do you have a background in Youth Work, Sports Coaching, as a Teaching Assistant or Community work?
If so, this could be the career for you! Read on for details.
An inclusive and bespoke specialist Secondary setting in Barnsley is seeking a Behaviour Support Worker to join their staff team.
The school caters for students who struggle to access mainstream education due to Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and SEN. The students very often display challenging behaviours and so the successful applicant either must have experience, or is not fazed by pupils going through emotional crisis.
The role will involve supporting the pupils and class teacher throughout the day, providing guidance and reassurance to pupils and following the direction of the class teacher.
They must also have the ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff, exceptional organisational skills and a devotion to pupil development. The right candidate will have the ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds.
All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, two references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check (DBS), medical clearance and provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK as well as evidence of teaching qualifications. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the students and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
- Location - Barnsley
- Position - Behaviour Support Worker
- Contract or position start date - ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration -until end of the academic year July 2021
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) - Temporary or Temporary to Permanent
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Hours - 8:20 am - 4pm: Mon - Fri (term time only)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE , YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy. Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate: Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management In-house Training and Development Team If you are available immediately and have a valid DBS on the update service please do get in contact via email, with your updated CV
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Barnsley (opens in new window)
- Dodworth (opens in new window)
- Darton (opens in new window)
- Silkstone Common (opens in new window)
- Wombwell (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- nr, Peel Street, Market Hill
- Burlington Arcade, Eldon Street
- Adj, St Marys Gate, Shambles Street
- Adj, Shambles Street, St Marys Place
- Midland Street, Kendray Street
- Barnsley College
- Hope House School, Barnsley
- Queens Road Academy
- Pipers Grove Primary School
- Horizon Community College