SEN Teacher (NQT0595095)
£130 - 180 per day
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Are you fully qualified with QTS or NQT? Do you hold other relevant teaching qualifications.
Are you looking to gain experience teaching within an SEN school with a class of only around 3-10 pupils?
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an SEN Primary Teacher to support an outstanding primary school in Ilford catering for chilren with mild learning difficulties with speech and language, communication needs. As a Primary Teacher you will be responsible for termly topics across your class of 4-10 students and also 1:1 intervention. With a number of resources on hand and a very supportive Senior Leadership Team, you will be sure to fit in! Primary Teachers will support areas such with reading, writing and explaining how to apply what they have learnt in lesson.
As the Primary Teacher you will set tasks in class and have the support of the Teaching Assistant to aid the completion of all tasks set.
The students will have mixed learning difficulties meaning there will be difficulties reading or writing, sitting still for long periods of time, understanding how to complete the work set and may need social and emotional support to feel comfortable in a classroom setting.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Primary SEN Teacher
- Supporting SEN students
- Taking additional training such as Makaton
- Leading a team of at least 2 TA's
- Development and improvement of Primary Teaching resources within the department
- Willingness to participate in the school's extra-curricular programme
- Could earn from GBP110-GBP180 per day (Dependant on pay scales)
They are looking for an SEN Primary Teacher that add to the ethos that's dedicated to teaching student through life experience and academic learning, and wants to make sure every member feels individually valued. Students are helped to develop into confident and successful individuals, who are responsible. The aim of the school is to ensure each pupil leaves well rounded and prepared for their future. They understand that this is not a quick fix type role, the children will need nurturing over time to help them reach their full potential.
An ideal candidate might have or previously had experience in;
- SEN Experience or wants to gain experience within the SEN sector
- Good classroom behavioural management
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Have QTS or have other relevant teaching qualifications
- Residing in the UK or have a UK address you are moving to in the near future
- Must have or be willing and able to apply for a fully enhanced DBS certificate on the update service
Alternatively please call to discuss other teaching opportunities in East London and Essex.
Apply for this position
Applications for this position have closed
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Ilford (opens in new window)
- Seven Kings (opens in new window)
- Manor Park (opens in new window)
- Woodgrange Park (opens in new window)
- Barking (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop L, Ilford Broadway (IG1), HIGH ROAD
- Stop M, High Road Ilford (IG1), CLEMENTS ROAD
- Stop, Ilford, ---
- Stop P, Chapel Road (IG1), ---
- Stop G, Ilford, ---
- Winston Way Primary School
- The Ursuline Academy Ilford
- Cleveland Junior School
- Park School for Girls