SEN Support and Teaching Assistant (31720SENSTA)
Location: Greater London
£70 - 80 per day + additional support & training
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Sector: EducationJump to application form
SEN Support and Teaching Assistant
SEN Support and teaching assistants required for an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding' special school in Greenford, Ealing to start in September 2020!
Work closely with an amazing group of special needs children in a school where you are supported and treated as a valued member of their staff team!
We are looking to appoint full-time SEN support and teaching assistants to work within the school's complex needs (PMLD) department. The school in Ealing are eager to appoint confident special needs experienced support assistants for roles in class working 1:1 with children with special needs.
With children in the department diagnosed with a range of learning, social and physical needs including cerebral palsy, down's syndrome and sensory needs those with caring or early backgrounds have transferrable skills beneficial to the children's support.
You will support pupils transitioning back into class with complex needs delivering tailored learning and therapy programmes (physiotherapy, speech and occupational therapy). Some pupils in class will in wheelchairs, be non-verbal, have limited speech and learning below national level (P scales). Having experience with personal care (toilet training/support) and moving and handling will be highly beneficial.
Successful SEN support and teaching assistants will need to have a positive approach and be flexible with supporting across classes due to the increased needs within the school.
The ideal SEN support/teaching assistant will be:
- Experienced supporting children with special educational needs particularly medical conditions and physical disabilities
- Confident supporting with academic learning and development though therapies (speech and occupational therapy)
- Able to work full-time in Greenford, Ealing
- Experience with personal care (toileting training/support), moving and handling and feeding is highly beneficial
- Experience in care, Early Years or play work is highly beneficial
- Sensory and visual resources such as PECS, TEACCH, Makaton, EyeGaze experience is highly beneficial
- Experience supporting with therapies (physiotherapy, speech and/or occupational therapy) is highly beneficial
To apply send your updated CV today. SEN support and teaching assistants interested in this position must be able to provide documentation and references needed in order to work with vulnerable children.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and
training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply for this position
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts