SEN Learning Support Assistant
£70 - 85 per day
Recruiter: Smart Teachers
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
Learning Support Assistant
Pay £70 – 85 per day via PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are experience supporting children in the UK.
Contract dates: long term with the opportunity of permanent Learning Support Assistant contracts.
We are recruiting for KS1 and KS2 SEND teaching assistants. Students have a range of needs varying from mild autism to more complex PMLD needs. This independent school has approximately 80 students with classes ranging from 7-10 students. The school hours are from 08:30 - 17:00. The school's leadership are what set this school apart from others- the supportive nature and progression opportunities are second to none.
- Have experience in a UK primary, secondary or SEND school.
- Have previous experience of working with students with ASD, PMLD, SEMH, MLD, SLD or as a 1:1 support role.
- Available for full time and long term work
- Possess a flexible work ethic, be willing to adapt and work to deadlines successfully.
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEND Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Smart TeachersSalisbury House, 29 Finsbury Circus, London, Greater London
Nearby train stations
- Wimbledon (opens in new window)
- Haydons Road (opens in new window)
- Wimbledon Chase (opens in new window)
- South Merton (opens in new window)
- Raynes Park (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Entrance 1, Wimbledon Rail Station, ---
- Entrance 1, Wimbledon Underground Station, ---
- Stop P, Wimbledon, WIMBLEDON BRIDGE
- Wimbledon Underground Station, -
- Stop C, Wimbledon, WIMBLEDON BRIDGE
- Wimbledon High School
- Dundonald Primary School
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School
- Bishop Gilpin CofE Primary School
- Pelham Primary School