SEN Experienced Careers Adviser
£21 per hour
Recruiter: CER Education
Are you a level 6 or 7 qualified careers advisor with recent experience of working with school students?
Are you passionate about careers advice and guidance to support young people in making informed choices about their future?
With extensive experience in recruitment and careers advisory services, you are in good hands with us. We are passionate about excellent customer service and finding the right jobs to suit each individual and so are keen to hear from you to match your skills, expertise and work preferences to suitable opportunities.
We have a very special client who manages three SEN schools in London across the North-West (Acton) and two schools in East London (Stratford) who are seeking a highly experienced SEN Careers Advisor for three days a week, prepared to travel between the schools, doing one day a week in each school and providing remote careers advice for home based learners as part of this programme from one of the East London schools. This programme requires a resilient and robust approach to the special needs of these students who have shown remarkable performance and have had their lives changed by these excellent schools.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Undertaking one to one student interviews and writing SMART career action plans
- Working with SEN/At risk students undertaking one to one interview's offering ongoing support, attending SEN reviews as appropriate.
- Undertaking Careers Guidance Interviews for 16 to 19 provision.
- Engaging students positively through interactive careers guidance interviews and utilise websites and other resources that the client school may use.
- To have an excellent knowledge of pathways and University applications, professional routes, apprenticeships and other destinations as applicable to increase the understanding of employability options for SEN students.
- To discuss future A levels/grades required to progress SEN students to University and support with UCAS application.
- Delivering Industry insight sessions to small groups of students interested in such vocational areas.
- Present/talk at assemblies as required.
- Remain up to date with policy and changes in the CEIAG Sector.
- Destinations tracking of students
- Attendance at careers events, such as college career fairs
- Be committed and passionate about supporting young people to make informed choices about their future.
Ideally you will have:
- A minimum of level 6 or 7 qualification in Careers Advisory services
- Solid SEN Careers Advisory in a school environment dealing with SEN students.
- GCSEs in English and Maths or level 2 equivalents
- Recent experience working as a careers advice in a further education environment
- Recent experience undertaking one to one interviews and writing SMART career action plans
- Excellent LMI knowledge
- A proven track record of consistently good/outstanding advisory support
- The ability to engage, inspire and motivate young people
- Excellent report writing, administration, IT, organisation and time keeping skills
- A valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunities and will not discriminate on any basis. For further details please see our Equal Opportunities statement on our website.
All candidates will be invited to take a Covid-19 course which is certificated and is of 30 minutes duration. This is a free course
If you're committed to sharing your expertise and supporting young we're keen to hear from you. Submit your CV today and we'll get back to you.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
CER Education33 Soho Square, Soho, London
Nearby train stations
- London Charing Cross (opens in new window)
- London Waterloo (opens in new window)
- London Waterloo East (opens in new window)
- London Victoria (opens in new window)
- Vauxhall (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Entrance 2, Parliament Square, ---
- Stop P, Parliament Square, ---
- Stop, Parliament Square, ---
- Stop H, Westminster StationBridge St, BRIDGE STREET
- Entrance 4, Westminster Underground Station, ---
- Westminster School
- St Matthew's School, Westminster
- The Grey Coat Hospital
- Burdett-Coutts and Townshend Foundation CofE Primary School
- Westminster City School