SEN Early years teaching assistant (54110)
Location: Kingston upon Thames
£70 - 80 per day
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Sector: EducationJump to application form
A Primary School for Pupils with Special Educational Needs, from 2-11 years of age, is looking to take on extra staff in the new year.
- £65 - £85 per day dependent on experience
- Full time PMLD Learning Mentor position lasting the Academic year guaranteed •
- Excellent support and training on offer - Training in SEN includes Understanding Autism, PECs, Makaton, BSL
- Supportive and well-established Senior Leadership Team
- Gain experience in the education sector, supporting pupils with complex needs
- Work in a new building, built for purpose, with excellent facilities
- Convenient working hours, 8:30am - 3:30pm - Monday to Friday
The school aims to provide motivating, challenging and relevant education to all pupils with a range of disabilities, including Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
1) Provide extra support in the classroom, to the pupils and the teacher, to ensure pupils are being given the best education.
2) Work from 8:30am until 3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
3) Carry out intervention sessions by working closely with the child on a one-to-one basis.
The school offers the following:
- Individual Music Therapy Sessions
- Dedicated Dance and Movement sessions
Communication, Language and Literacy:
- Intensive Interaction
- Write Dance Program
- Objects of Reference
- Touch Cues
- Rebound Therapy
- Hydrotherapy Swimming
- MOVE Program
- Sensory Programs
The school offers high quality education to primary age pupils with a wide range of needs including moderate learning difficulties, communication difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders. The school follows the Foundation stage and National Curriculum, modified and differentiated to enable each pupil to develop their confidence and achieve their full potential. The school aims to develop the whole child intellectually, physically, aesthetically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
You must be available to interview and start working from September 2020
Please apply within or contact Fatima at Teaching Personnel on 02075933074 to be considered for the role or alternatively email your CV to the email provided.
Apply for this position
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Tolworth (opens in new window)
- Malden Manor (opens in new window)
- Surbiton (opens in new window)
- Berrylands (opens in new window)
- Chessington North (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop J, Princes Avenue Ewell Road, ---
- L, Princes Avenue Ewell Road, EWELL ROAD
- Stop K, Tolworth Broadway, EWELL ROAD
- Stop Z1, Tolworth Broadway, ---
- Stop, Ewell Road (KT6), ---
- Our Lady Immaculate Catholic Primary School
- Tolworth Junior School
- Knollmead Primary School
- Dysart School
- Grand Avenue Primary and Nursery School