SEN and Autism Classroom Support Assistant
£66 - 70 per day
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
A SEN school based in the Rochdale area is looking for experienced SEND Teaching Assistants to support students who have Autism and other various physical needs. Some pupils in school also have PMLD. They are looking for flexible and available Teaching Assistants to support their pupils in the new academic year.
You will be supporting students on a 1:1 basis and within small groups. Some personal care duties may be involved, however there is Personal Care Assistants based in school, you will need to ensure you treat all pupils with dignity and respect. It is important you are passionate and patient as the students find it difficult to cope with change within the classroom.
The school has high expectations of both its staff and pupils and manages pupils' behaviour with exceptional skill and great sensitivity. This leads to a happy productive working environment for all. The school prides itself on a creative and innovative learning environment for its pupils and all of their staff have a proactive approach to their day.
The school are seeking an individual who can embrace this way of working. We are looking for staff who can provide the following support:
- Motivation for pupils and staff
- Provide emotional support to pupils
- You will need to be approachable and patient to build relationships.
- Supporting individuals to complete set tasks within the classroom
- Promoting independence within the school environment.
- Leading activities 1:1, under direction of the teacher.
- Supporting pupils to achieve their individual education targets
Previous experience working within this area is essential, whether that be in a Support Worker role or a TA capacity within the education environment.
A CACHE Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant qualification is preferred for this school due to the additional needs of all pupils.
Candidates will be required to hold an enhanced DBS certificate registered with the update service or be willing to purchase one at a cost of £40 apply for a DBS.
If you are available for work this academic year (after October half term 2021) and interested in being considered for this role, please apply below with a copy of your most recent CV.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory
holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some
cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available
at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Rochdale (opens in new window)
- Castleton (opens in new window)
- Milnrow (opens in new window)
- Smithy Bridge (opens in new window)
- New Hey (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- nr St Albans Inn, Manchester Road/Tweedale Street, MANCHESTER ROAD
- opp Garage, Drake Street/Manchester Road, DRAKE STREET
- opp Church, Tweedale Street/Manchester Road, TWEEDALE STREET
- o/s Church, Manchester Road/Tweedale Street, MANCHESTER ROAD
- Corporation Rd/Bus Depot, CORPORATION RD
- Beech House School
- Brimrod Community Primary School
- Broadfield Community Primary School
- St John's Roman Catholic Primary School, Rochdale
- Advanced Education - Booth