SEMH Teaching Assistant
£65 - 75 per day + pension
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Sector: EducationJump to application form
We are looking for a passionate Teaching Assistant to join a specialist alternative provision based in Christchurch.
The school is a Pupil Referral Unit which provides education for those pupils who have been permanently excluded from mainstream school. The school also offers a provision for those pupils with medical/mental health needs which prevent them from accessing their mainstream place. It is a very small school which is currently able to offer 40 pupil places. This comprises of up to 20 places at the main site and up to 20 places at the medical site.
THE IDEAL SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT:
- Must be a patient and reliable
- Be able to work well in a team.
- Be proactive in meeting student's needs.
- Have 1:1 experience with children with SEN.
- Have experience with SEN in a primary school setting.
- Should be able to empathise with their pupils and be able to set a good example.
THE SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT ROLE:
- Supporting the teaching and learning of SEN pupils across the school, working with struggling pupils or those who have become stifled by the curriculum,
- Helping them meet their potential through smaller booster groups and 1:1 sessions.
- Supporting pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
- Working closely with the SENCO to monitor and advance developments in both academic and social areas.
- Location - Christchurch, Dorset
- Position - SEMH Teaching Assistant
- Type of work - Group and One to One (1:1) sessions
- Contract or position start date - ASAP
- Duration/Likely Duration – Ongoing
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) - Temp to Perm
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate £65 per day
- Hours - 8:30 – 15:00
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience or a passion for working with SEN children desirable
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
- Team Teach
- Related Degree or Qualification
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date. Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Christchurch (opens in new window)
- Pokesdown (opens in new window)
- Hinton Admiral (opens in new window)
- Bournemouth (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- W-bound, Priory Corner, Castle Street
- opp, Library, High Street
- NW-bound, Library, High Street
- NW-bound, Library, High Street
- E-bound, Priory Corner, Castle Street
- The Priory Church of England Primary School
- Twynham School
- Christchurch Junior School
- St Katharine's Church of England Primary School
- The Grange School