Residential dedicated Support Workers - Kirklees
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
Location: Kirklees, West Yorkshire
£10 - £15 per hour + CPD Training - TEAM TEACH
Recruiter: Prospero Group
About the Job
We are recruiting dedicated Support Workers on behalf of a Residential support home, catering for young people aged 11-19 years with Autism & Aspergers.
Joining a specialist setting you will be surrounded by passionate colleagues all actively enabling young people to achieve their personal best in all environments.
We are looking for support workers who are committed to providing the highest standard of care to service users. The successful candidates would ideally have experience of working with young people with additional needs and mental health.
*Shifts are provided on a fortnightly rota to include days, nights and weekends*
If successful you will be fully supported through a 6 month probationary period with the dedicated help of a mentor and line-manager.
You will all receive additional and ongoing CPD Training to ensure you get the best out of your new career including a Level 3 RFQ Child and Young Persons Workforce Qualification
Support Worker Contract/Position Details:
- Location - Kirklees
- Position - Support Worker
- Type of work - Supporting young people with ASC & Aspergers
- Start date - ASAP
- Likely Duration - On Going
- Position end date - On Going
- Contract type - Temp-to-Perm
- Full-time - 40 Hours Per Week
- The minimum rate of pay - £10ph, (Night Shift £14ph)
- The maximum rate of pay - £10ph, (Night Shift £14ph)
- Hours - Various shift pattern (to include weekends)
Support worker Experience, Training and Qualifications:
- Experience in a support work/care environment
- Up-to-date mandatory training - Food Hygiene, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Infection Prevention, Equality and Diversity, Autism training (all can be completed free with us)
- Safeguarding training is imperative; you can undertake a free course with us if you have not completed a Safeguarding course in the last 12 months.
- Health and Social Care Level 2 or 3 (desirable but not essential)
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Career progression opportunities
- Employee assistance service (confidential, professional wellbeing and counselling 24/7 service)
- Support for QCF level 3 qualification (if not already gained)
- Fully supported 6-month probationary period- You will receive a mentor and line manager to help you get the best start to your career
To be eligible for any support work with us, you must:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced DBS certificate registered with an online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional care related references.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are acting as an employment business/social care recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with us in order to fill this vacancy.
We are able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and other mandatory training
- In-house Training and Development Team
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Morley (opens in new window)
- Batley (opens in new window)
- Cottingley (opens in new window)
- New Pudsey (opens in new window)
- Bramley (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Station Road Drighlington Common, Station Road
- Drighlington Common Station Road, Station Road
- NE bound, Drighlington Common, Moorside Road
- Drighlington Common, Moorside Road
- opp, Station Road West St, Station Road
- Drighlington Primary School
- Fieldhead Junior Infant and Nursery School
- St Patrick's Catholic Primary School, Birstall
- Birkenshaw Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- St Peter's Church of England Voluntary Aided Junior, Infant and Early Years School