Pupil Referral Unit Teaching Assistant
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
£55 - £85 per day
Recruiter: GSL Education
Salary: £55-£85 daily
Start Date: Immediate start
We are working with a Pupil Referral Unit in the Newcastle area which is based upon the values of giving young people a fresh start and an opportunity of returning to mainstream education. The school is a safe space for pupils who need extra support and a place where every pupil is valued and encouraged to achieve their potential.
The majority of students have had negative experiences in education, the staff within the school are highly skilled and work really hard to create an inclusive learning environment and develop positive relationships with the students.
The ideal candidates will…
- Assisting with promoting good behaviour and kindness and helping to deliver academic work.
- To treat children equally and with respect, whilst creating positive boundaries.
- Ensure a good relationship with parents and colleagues to create a protective environment so that children feel safe.
- Helping learners understand lessons and educational activity delivered by the teacher.
- SEN experience if possible – including any of the following ASD, SEMH, Non-verbal, PMLD, MLD, visual impairment
- The role involves assisting with individual pupils or across a class with other support assistants.
- Have an enhanced DBS on the update service (or willing to go through the process with us)
- Have a good level of academic ability
- Have a kind, calm, and enthusiastic outlook with a great work ethic.
- Availability for at least six months
- A fully checkable work history
Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools. We offer competitive salaries, paid bi-weekly and a great candidate experience including regular contact from our team and a huge commitment for finding work that you want.
In addition to that, we are currently offering £100 for the successful referral of either Teachers or Teaching Assistants.
For further information on this role please apply below with a copy of your CV.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
GSL EducationGuardian Selection Ltd, 15 Cotton's Gardens, London, Kent
Nearby train stations
- Manors (opens in new window)
- Newcastle (opens in new window)
- MetroCentre (opens in new window)
- Dunston (opens in new window)
- Heworth (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- S-Bound, Great North Road-Forsyth Road, Great North Road
- N-Bound, Great North Road-Forsyth Road, Great North Road
- N-Bound, Great North Road-Mooracres, Great North Road
- S-Bound, Great North Road-Mooracres, Great North Road
- S-Bound, Great North Road-Blue House, Great North Road
- Northern Counties School
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne Church High School
- West Jesmond Primary School
- Westfield School
- Central Newcastle High School