Psychology Graduate (KWMAN13)
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
£70 to £80 per day + £675 Health care package
Recruiter: Clarus Education
Psychology Graduate – Manchester
Are you a psychology graduate who is considering a career in SEN Teaching? If so, have you thought about gaining experience as a Teaching Assistant within a SEN school?
The headteacher of this SEN school in Birmingham is looking to recruit a Psychology graduate to join the team as a Teaching Assistant giving valuable support to students who have been diagnosed with ASD and associated conditions including SEMH. As a Teaching Assistant, you will be part of a team who are working closely with the students in preparation for their GCSE exams with the aim to encourage further education or apprenticeships. Students within this PRU have experienced Social, Emotional and/or Mental Health difficulties and need a nurturing Teaching Assistant to overcome barriers to learning. This is a long-term role with an immediate start.
Does this sound like a Teaching Assistant role that interests you? More information on this role is below:
JOB DESCRIPTION – Psychology Graduate
• 1:1 support
• Cover teaching when needed.
• General Teaching Assistant duties.
• Supporting young people with challenging behaviours.
• Accompanying to offsite vocational program.
• Located in Trafford close to tram station. Car park on site.
• From £70 to £80 per day + £675 Health care package.
Person specification – Psychology Graduate
• Graduate 2:2 in Psychology or related degree.
• Background in youth work or previous Teaching Assistant work is desirable but not essential.
• Not fazed by challenging behaviour.
• As a Teaching Assistant you will be a role model.
• Team Teach or similar holistic de-escalation training also an advantage
• A positive, flexible and calm approach.
• Able to offer extra curriculum subjects
SCHOOL INFORMATION – Psychology Graduate
• Small classes of no more than 8, with 2 adults in room.
• All staff are valued and given lots of opportunity for CPD
• Working closely with the SLT team and outside agencies.
Interested in this Psychology Teaching Assistant role? Please send your CV to Kelly at Clarus Education.
Please see our website page headed “About” and scroll to the bottom to see our “Privacy Notice” for an
Apply for this position
Applications for this position have closed
Clarus Education1st Floor, , 99 Bishopsgate, London
Nearby train stations
- Manchester Oxford Road (opens in new window)
- Deansgate (opens in new window)
- Salford Central (opens in new window)
- Manchester Victoria (opens in new window)
- Manchester Piccadilly (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop Sd, Princess Street/Town Hall (Stop SD), PRINCESS STREET
- Stop Sc, Princess Street/Town Hall, PRINCESS STREET
- Stop Sb, Princess Street/Town Hall, PRINCESS STREET
- Stop Sa, Princess Street/Town Hall (Stop SA), PRINCESS STREET
- Town Hall, Albert Square, Albert Sq
- Abbey College Manchester
- Chetham's School of Music
- St Philip's Church of England Primary School
- St Wilfrid's RC Primary School
- St Philip's CofE Primary School