Psychology/Criminology Graduate Scheme
£66.30 - 75.00 per day
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Summary: Are you a Psychology or Criminology Graduate looking to get your foot into the education sector? Teaching Personnel are looking for Psychology or Criminology graduates to work with client special schools and behaviour bases within the Newport/Cwmbran area. You will be employed as specialist teaching assistants working with either special educational needs and or pupils with behaviour issues. Pay will start at £10.20 per hour and can increase to £12.50 based on experience and performance. You will be expected to work between the hours of 8:30am and 3:30pm.
The Role: You will be asked to work with specific pupils on a one-to-one basis, supporting the pupils with their everyday routine and keeping them engaged throughout the school day and on track to meet their daily learning objectives. Candidates will be enthusiastic and show great behaviour management skills. Previous experience working with special needs in both a personal or professional setting are advantageous for the role. You will be asked on a regular basis to report behaviours and positive achievements of your pupils, sharing good practice.
The Students: The Students that attend the school will be diagnosed with Autism or co-existing conditions including ADHD, learning difficulties, downs-syndrome, epilepsy and/or Mental Health Difficulties.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Psychology or Criminology degree qualified/pending or equivalent.
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
- Have strong behaviour management skills.
- Have experience in SEN (personal or professional)
- Be open to training (Team Teach) (Manual Handling)
- Have good communication skills.
- Be a team player.
- Have an outgoing personality.
- Be confident.
- Show great resilience.
- Have a passion for helping others.
If you feel like you have any of the skills shown above, please contact Matt our specialist SEN consultant or send a copy of your CV through. We look forward to hearing from you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and
training for this role.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Cwmbran (opens in new window)
- Pontypool & New Inn (opens in new window)
- Risca & Pontymister (opens in new window)
- Rogerstone (opens in new window)
- Newport (S. Wales) (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- SE-bound, Shakespeare Road, Greenmeadow Way
- NW-bound, Shakespeare Road, Greenmeadow Way
- Gileston Walk, Greenmeadow Way
- NE-bound, Shops, Greenmeadow Way
- SW-bound, Shops, Greenmeadow Way