Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
£25 - £30 per hour + CPD Training - TEAM TEACH
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Sector: EducationJump to application form
We are looking for 1:1 Tutors across Rotherham
we've built a solid partnership with a multitude of education settings and LEA's throughout South Yorkshire. Working with these education settings is a real passion of Prospero Education and we want the tutors to match this passion.
As a tutor/mentor you would be required to offer support to the student from a couple of hours to multiple sessions a week and be required to complete weekly feedback forms on the students' progress, achievements, behaviour, and self-esteem/confidence.
We are looking for dedicated tutors to work 1-2-1 with CLA (Children looked after). These sessions can take place in schools, care homes, foster homes, libraries etc.
We provide tutors to alternative and mainstream education settings throughout Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield that support children and young adults with SEMH, ASD, ADHD, Asperger's, MLD, and challenging behaviours.
This is to work for CLA children through the LEA.
Some contracts may be extended from day-to-day bookings to longer-term cover.
- Location - Rotherham
- Position - Tutor
- Subject - Core Subjects / Functional skills / life skills
- Start date - ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration - Ongoing
- End date (if applicable) -
- Contract type - Permanent
- Full time/part-time - Part-time
- The minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate £25 per hour
- Hours - 8:30am - 4:30pm (usually 2 hours per session)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- QTS, QTLS, PGCE, EYTS or equivalent
- Previous experience working in a UK school
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By registering with Prospero Teaching, you will be working with a team of dedicated professionals with a wealth of educational experience to help you find your next career move.
In addition, you will also benefit from
- access to free accredited training courses for teachers and support staff, ensuring you are able to continue your professional development
- support with interview preparations so you're fully prepared and confident to interview for your next role
- support with lesson planning and classroom management to support you to create stimulating and varied lessons
- a generous recommend a friend referral scheme
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy. Ideally, you will already have a full DBS on the update service but if not, we can process a new one.
Know of somebody perfect for this role? Refer a Friend - Earn £150
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Rotherham Central (opens in new window)
- Meadowhall (opens in new window)
- Darnall (opens in new window)
- Swinton (Yorks) (opens in new window)
- Woodhouse (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Adj, Domine Lane, Corporation Street
- opp, Market Street, Corporation Street
- Upper Millgate, Corporation Street
- Corporation Street, MARKET STREET
- Adj, Unity Place, Westgate
- Rotherham College of Arts and Technology
- St Ann's Junior and Infant School
- Clifton: A Community Arts School
- Ferham Primary School
- Thomas Rotherham College