PMLD Teaching Assistant (MAN2)
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60 - £65 per day
Recruiter: TES LTD
The Education Specialists (TES) are recruiting on behalf of an ‘Outstanding' school based in the Tameside area.
TES are looking for an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant to support students who have PMLD and other various physical needs. You will be a supporting student on a 1:1 basis and also within small groups. Personal care will be involved, you will need to ensure you treat all pupils with dignity and respect. It is important you are passionate and patient as the students find it difficult to cope with change within the classroom.
The school has high expectations of both its staff and pupils and manages pupils' behaviour with exceptional skill and great sensitivity. This leads to a happy productive working environment for all. The school are seeking an individual who can embrace this way of working.
We are looking for staff who can provide the following support:
• Motivation for pupils and staff
• Provide emotional support to pupils
• You will need to be approachable and patient in order to build relationships
• Supporting individuals to complete set tasks within the classroom.
• Promoting independence within the school environment.
• Leading activities 1:1, under direction of the teacher.
• Supporting pupils to achieve their individual education targets
Previous experience working within this area is essential.
Applicant details and how to apply:
• Candidates will be required to hold an enhanced DBS certificate registered with the update service or be willing to purchase one at a cost of £40.
• Have undertaken Team Teach training or will be willing to undertake a refresher course which are offered as part of our staff training programme.
• Application is by CV and covering letter by clicking apply now.
• Candidates must be able to fully commit the post
• Salary, £60 a day depending on experience.
Individuals working for TES benefit from:
• Excellent rates of pay.
• Holiday pay scheme.
• Pension scheme.
• On-going support and guidance throughout your education career.
• A flexible approach to work.
• Permanent and temporary opportunities.
• A trained team of education consultants. For more information about this role and others here at TES (call the team today on 0161 838 5767).
Job Type: Temporary full-time
The Education Specialists are proud holders of the REC audited accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard.
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
TES LTDThe Education Specialist, Unit 1 Block A Paramount Business Park, Liverpool, Liverpool
Nearby train stations
- Manchester Oxford Road (opens in new window)
- Deansgate (opens in new window)
- Salford Central (opens in new window)
- Manchester Victoria (opens in new window)
- Manchester Piccadilly (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Town Hall, Albert Square, Albert Sq
- Stop Wd, Albert Square, ALBERT SQUARE
- Stop We, Albert Square, ALBERT SQUARE
- Stop Sa, Princess Street/Town Hall (Stop SA), PRINCESS STREET
- Stop Sb, Princess Street/Town Hall, PRINCESS STREET
- Abbey College Manchester
- Chetham's School of Music
- St Philip's Church of England Primary School
- St Philip's CofE Primary School
- The Cathedral School of St Peter and St John RC Primary