PMLD SEN Teaching Assistant (September) | Westminster
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
Location: Westminster, London
£10 - £11 per hour
Recruiter: LTF Recruitment
SEND Teaching Assistant PMLD for September
An SEND school based in Westminster specialising in SLD and PMLD that cater for students aged between 4 and 19 are looking for a teaching assistant to join their support staff team.
They require a teaching assistant for a long term, full time role to work within their well resourced primary department. You will be required to provide 1:1 support for a Key Stage 2 pupil with a specific physical disability who requires manual handling and hosting in and out of a wheelchair on a daily basis. You may also be required to provide general and in class support and to lead small group interventions to SEND students under the direction of the Learning Support Coordinator.
Previous experience of working with Physical Disabilities and Severe Learning Difficulties is a requirement, and all applicants must be willing to assist with personal care. Teaching assistants with, Manual Handling, Peg feeding and Medical Administration training are highly desirable. Many of the children are non verbal and therefore the ability to use communication aids such as PECS and Makaton would be advantageous. If you are a caring, friendly and patient person or have a care/support worker background then this would be an ideal role for you.
This is a full time, long term role with a September start and will continue on until the end of the following academic year.
About the role:
' Primary SEND Teaching Assistant - working with PMLD and SLD.
' Full time, (Mon-Fri)
' Previous PMLD experience is essential
' Willing to provide personal care
' Manual Handling training - essential
About the school:
' All through SEND school (KS1 -4)
' Warm friendly and supportive staff
' Ongoing training provided
' Well resourced school with state-of-the-art facilities
If you are interested in this role please apply now!
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
LTF RecruitmentBramley House, Wilsthorpe Road, Long Eaton, Derbyshire
Nearby train stations
- London Paddington (opens in new window)
- London Marylebone (opens in new window)
- London Victoria (opens in new window)
- London Euston (opens in new window)
- London Charing Cross (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop A, Marble Arch Bayswater Road, ---
- Entrance 13, Marble Arch Underground Station, ---
- Entrance 1, Marble Arch Bayswater Road, ---
- Stop C, Marble Arch Bayswater Road, ---
- ---, Hyde Park Accessible Shuttle, ---
- Hampden Gurney CofE Primary School
- The Sylvia Young Theatre School
- Cet Primary School Westminster
- St Mary's Bryanston Square CofE School
- St George's Hanover Square CofE Primary School