£10.65 per hour
Recruiter: Vision for Education
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
Key Stage 3
£10.65 per hour
The pastoral support worker will provide support in a school environment. They are there to support the emotional welfare of children aged 11-14, providing information, advice and guidance to them and their careers. They will use pastoral resources to support children with their mental health, behavioural difficulties, transitions, friendships, and bullying, amongst other things.
The specialist schools cater for students in with communication and interaction problems, learning difficulties and social & emotional issues. The schools have facilities and resources that are second to none. The team you will join have a child-centred approach. Public transport to the schools is very good, but access to a vehicle would be an advantage.
To be considered for the Personal Support role you must:
- Hold a driving licence, which would be preferred, but not essential.
- Confident de-escalating challenging situations. Training would be an advantage but not essential.
- Hold a DBS certificate on the update service would be an advantage but not essential this can be arranged.
We are committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay as You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a pastoral support worker who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully
compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing,
interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Vision for EducationSt Paul's Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield , South Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
Nearby bus stops
- SE-bound, Market Place, Market Place
- SE-bound, Kirkgate, B1448
- NW-bound, Kirkgate, Kirkgate
- N-bound, The Green, Stammergate
- NW-bound, Piper Lane, Long Street
- Thirsk Community Primary School
- All Saints Roman Catholic Primary School
- Sowerby Community Primary School
- Thirsk School & Sixth Form College
- South Kilvington Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School