Location: Bishop Auckland
£10 - 20 per hour
Recruiter: Vision for Education
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
Key Stage 2
£10.00 - £20.00 per day
We are seeking a Personal Mentor who can build and maintain professional relationships with children aged 7-11. The Personal Mentor will impart knowledge, expertise, and wisdom to children with special educational needs whilst simultaneously honing their mentoring skills. An effective Personal Mentor will professionally guide the children while maintaining a friendly and supportive relationship. The Personal Mentor will always have the child's best interests in mind and tailor their mentorship style to meet the needs of the child they are supporting.
The specialist schools cater for students in with communication and interaction problems, learning difficulties, social or emotional issues and visual or hearing impairments. The schools offer brilliant facilities and resources, and the staff pride themselves on their child-centred approach. say Most schools we work with have excellent public transport links, but access to a vehicle would be advantageous.
To be considered for the Personal Mentor role you must:
- Experience in tutoring would be beneficial
- Hold a driving licence, which would be preferred, but not essential.
- A DBS Certificate is an advantage but not essential, this can be arranged.
- Be Comfortable with personal care in numerous settings.
We are committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and will hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Personal Mentor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully
compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing,
interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Vision for EducationSt Paul's Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield , South Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
- Bishop Auckland (opens in new window)
- Shildon (opens in new window)
- Newton Aycliffe (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- E-bound, St Marys RC Church, Woodhouse Lane
- S-bound, Cabin Gate, Cockton Hill Road
- W-bound, St Marys RC Church, Woodhouse Lane
- S-bound, Vart Road, Vart Road
- N-bound, Cabin Gate, Cockton Hill Road
- Cockton Hill Junior School
- St Wilfrid's Roman Catholic Voluntary Aided Primary School
- Evergreen Primary School
- St Anne's CofE Primary School
- Bishop Barrington School A Sports with Mathematics College