Permanent Residential Support Worker - Salford. . (LH/RES/PERM_1611738735)
Location: Salford, Greater Manchester
£9 - £11 per hour
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Residential Support Worker - Permanent. - Salford. (Very good progress ladder)
Have you got over 12 months experience working with Children and young people?
Do you drive and have your own car?
Do you see yourself as future team Leader or Manager?
Are you looking to make to switch from Education into care?
Have you recently graduated College or University?
Have you got children of your own and looking to now make an impact on other children lives?
Prospero Teaching are working closely with a large organisation who provide residential support workers to children and young people from various backgrounds.
The roles we are looking to appoint are residential support workers to support children and young people. Your role will be working alongside the young people to support them in their everyday tasks and promote Independence.
You will carry out tasks and activities with the young people; you will act as a mentor and a positive role model to young people.
The home is located in Salford. (You may be asked to worked at other homes in the area)
Shifts - Flexibility is key. You will be required to work on a rota basis. Including weekends and sleep in's.
The role will consist of:
- Undertaking a 'key worker' role with young people as required.
- Providing opportunities for children to develop and make progress to maximise potential.
- Good quality consistent records are maintained, as required, with supervision and advice from Team leaders and the Homes Manager.
- Good professional practice in the home, being a positive role model for the young people.
- A positive environment for each young person.
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified at Level 3 in Health & Social Care or willing to work towards this.
- Experience of supporting those in a care setting
- Driven, energetic and keen to succeed
- Kind, compassionate and professional at all times Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately at all levels.
- Ability to be professional at all times to promote positive behaviour in the home.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to form effective relationships with children and act as a positive role model.
- LOCATION - Salford.
- POSITION - Residential Support Worker
- CONTRACT TYPE - Permanent.
- HOURS - Shift patterns. 160 hours per month plus overtime and sleeps.
- START DATE - February 2021.
Must be willing To work towards completion of professional qualification relevant to post and Children & Young People.
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Eccles (opens in new window)
- Salford Crescent (opens in new window)
- Manchester United FC Halt (opens in new window)
- Patricroft (opens in new window)
- Trafford Park (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- House 7, Tootal Road/Weaste Lane, TOOTAL ROAD
- Church, Liverpool Street/Weaste Lane, LIVERPOOL ST
- Opp House 31, Weaste Road/Liverpool Street, WEASTE ROAD
- Nr Reservoir, Liverpool Street/Weaste Lane, LIVERPOOL ST
- Willows Rd - Health Centre, Weaste - Willows Road, Willows Rd
- St Luke's CofE Primary School
- All Hallows RC Business and Enterprise College
- Buile Hill Visual Arts College
- Holy Family VA RC Primary School
- Lark Hill Community Primary School