PE Graduate Learning Mentor - SEMH School
Location: Bury, Greater Manchester
£9 - £11 per hour
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Sector: EducationJump to application form
Graduate Learning Mentor - Physical Education
Immediate Start Date
Are you an ambitious Physical Education graduate, looking for paid work which will supplement your application to a Secondary PE QTS course for September 2021? Are you unsure whether a career in education is for you? Are you a graduate who already enjoys working with young people, who is looking for more formal experience?
We can help you. Our dedicated education team have over thirty years' experience of matching graduates to schools, for assignments ranging in length from a single day, to a full academic year.
And we would love to hear from you - times are different and challenging at the moment, but your support will be invaluable to young people when they start to settle back into school.
We are specifically working with a Specialist Provision in Bury who are looking to secure the services of a lively, passionate PE graduate. You will be responsible for the coaching and delivery of PE lessons and sport activities for the students. You will also be responsible for supporting young people in more traditional 'classroom' subjects; so you will develop a strong understanding of the subjects taught at Key Stages 3 and 4. If you have patience, a great sense of humour, and are dedicated on improving the lives of young people, these opportunities are for you. You will be working closely with skilled teachers, and there is plenty of support available for you. You will only be working with small numbers of students at any one time, so you can really concentrate on the delivery of high-quality learning.
This post is to start in January 2021, however, there is the possibility to start the post in late November 2020.
Learning Mentor work provides a great platform for graduates - both with practical experience, and also knowledge to create attractive, engaging personal statements and applications. And don't worry about all that - our process is really easy, and our consultants are more than happy to help you with your applications to QTS courses when the time is right.
- Location - Bury, Greater Manchester
- Position - Graduate Learning Mentor
- Type of work - Teaching Support
- Start date - ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration - Ongoing demand
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate £70 per day
- Hours - 8:30 am - 3:30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree educated with a good classification, in Physical Education, or a related subject
- Team Teach - Advantageous but not essential
- Previous experience working of working with young people (which we can reference)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Kearsley (opens in new window)
- Farnworth (opens in new window)
- Hall I Th Wood (opens in new window)
- Bromley Cross (opens in new window)
- Castleton (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Os Pub, Silver Street (to define route), SILVER STREET
- Os Pub, Silver St (Nbd define route), SILVER STREET
- Bolton Street - Cooper St, Bury - Bolton Street, Bolton St
- Stop Kk, Market Street/Derby Hall, MARKET STREET
- Bury Bolton Street (East Lancashire Railway), -
- Bury College
- Bury Grammar School Girls
- Bury Grammar School Boys
- St Marie's Roman Catholic Primary School, Bury
- Holy Trinity Primary School