Student transport driver
Education ⫽ SEN Other Jobs
Bolton, Greater Manchester
£11.79 - £12.18 per hour
Temp to Perm, Part time
20 hours a week, term time only
transport, driver, SENd, caretaker, maintenance, minibus driver, transporting, Bolton,
Driver/caretaker - Bolton - ASAP
Prospero Teaching is looking for a driver/caretaker to join the transport team in an ASD friendly school. The school teaches students aged 3 to 19 in Bolton. This particular role is to transport students from 3 - 19.
The school is for students from early years up to Key Stage 5 with ASD and perhaps an Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP) you will be required to work 20 hours a week, term time only, and support in transporting students to various locations. You will be required to have a full UK manual driving licence and have held that for a minimum of 3 years.
- Location - Bolton
- Position - Driver/caretaker
- Start date - ASAP
- Contract type - Temporary to Permanent
- 20 hours per week, term time only
- Rate of pay - £11.79 - £12.18 per hour
- Hours - 8:30 am - 3.30pm : Mon - Fri (term time only)
Experience, Training and qualifications:
- driving children and young people to identified locations using one of the organisations vehicles
- To secure, lock & unlock buildings from time to time following activities
- To observe and promote Health and Safety at all times when conveying young people and driving the organisations vehicles
- To adhere to all DVLA Regulations and legal requirements
- To complete all relevant paperwork regarding maintenance and safety issues of the vehicles
- To ensure Vehicles are kept clean and tidy and to a high standard
- To setup rooms for meetings and school activities
- To contribute towards cleaning and site maintenance
- GCSE English and Maths grade 'C' or '4' & above
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
- Up to date Prevent training issued in the last 3 years
- Up to date FGM & behaviour management training
To be eligible you must have/be:
* Hold Right to Work in the UK
* Hold an enhanced DBS child & adult certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
* Provide a minimum of two references covering the last 2 years
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your full, up-to-date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate: Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding, prevent awareness and behaviour management In-house Training and Development Team
Additionally, if you have a friend or colleague who you think would be interested in this role then please refer them to us and you could earn up to £200 from our Refer a Friend scheme.