Part Time 1:1 Tutor
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Up to £25 per hour
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Part Time 1:1 Tutor, CambridgeAbout the Part Time 1:1 Tutor position:
We are looking for 1:1 tutors to support children in care, children with special educational needs and excluded pupils in and around the Cambridge area.
- We have a variety of different part-time tuition opportunities and are looking for tutors to work on a 1:1 basis with students aged between 5-16 years old.
- Students are likely to have difficulty responding to conventional teaching and may have behaviour and/or SEN difficulties. They are also likely to be working at lower levels than their peers.
- The majority of cases are for either 3 or 5 hours per day, 5 days per week but this can be flexible depending on the student in question. There is also the potential to work full days by taking on more than one case.
- Successful tutors should be able to support the core subjects of Maths, English and sometimes Science.
- You should be flexible, adaptable and have experience teaching/tutoring within the education sector.
- Lessons could take place in either their home, care home or an alternative setting such as a local library.
- Location - Cambridge
- Position - 1:1 Tutor
- Type of work - Tuition
- Start date - ASAP
- Contract type - Temporary
- Duration / Likely Duration - Ongoing
- Full time/part time - Part time Monday to Friday - various hours but often 3 hours per day
- Minimum rate of pay - £25 per hour
- QTS or QTLS is preferred but not essential
- Minimum of degree level in tuition subject
- Experience working with Students with SEMH or LAC would be advantageous.
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
Nearby bus stops
- near, High Ditch Road, Newmarket Road
- near, Church Farm, Newmarket Road
- opp, Church Farm, Newmarket Road
- opp, St. Mary's Church, Church Road
- o/s, St. Mary's Church, Church Road
- Teversham CofE VA Primary School
- Fen Ditton Primary School
- Bewick Bridge Community Primary School
- Cherry Hinton Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- Fulbourn Primary School